LED indicators

echums
This post is 5626 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi

I got an xj600n off someone who was a mechanic (car mech), he changed the read indicators to LEDs.

I'll explain the setup and the problem:

Firstly, when I took the set off, I noticed two bulbs just glued down inside the hollow under the seat, to the rear. They seem too big to be indicator bulbs, but blink individually according to the indicators. Weird, but doesnt seem to affect anything negatively (that i know)

Secondly, The LED rear-indicators, when i put one on, and am just idling, it is really faint and can only just be seen (quite worrying if im stopped at a junction or a traffic light) Once I open the throttle to pull away, its suddenly really bright and works fine.

Surely indicator brightness shouldnt be affected by revs?! It seems weird and dangerous. Any ideas one what's wrong and how to fix it?

Cheers.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

sounds like the guy who fitted them didnt buy a flasher relay for led's, this may be because only the rear ones were fitted

Should I get an install one then?

I dont know much about it, but I expected something like was missing if he left some random bulbs in there.

I dont suppose it will work unless you have led's both front and back, that will be why he's done it the way it is, youll have to do the front too

OK thanks. Might as well be matching ey!

the LEDs use less watts than the original bulbs so this will cause them to flash quicker. by fitting the bulds under the seat it compensates the wattage going to the LEDs so they flash normally. you can buy the relays in halfords ect.

the LEDs use less watts than the original bulbs so this will cause them to flash quicker. by fitting the bulds under the seat it compensates the wattage going to the LEDs so they flash normally. you can buy the relays in halfords ect.

Thanks.

I never used to used to use forums, but this one is great! How newbies must have wasted loads of time and money before!