1995 FZR600R - Runs only with full choke !?

Kawasakifreak
This post is 5637 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I've just re-shimmed my FZR600R - it needed 13 shim changes.

Bike runs nice and quiet now but only on full choke - even when warm the engine dies when the choke's closed.

Any ideas please (re. carb adjustment) ?

I'm thinking Pilot Jet &/or Float Height adjustment but which comes first ?

Kawasakifreak.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I've just re-shimmed my FZR600R - it needed 13 shim changes.

Bike runs nice and quiet now but only on full choke - even when warm the engine dies when the choke's closed.

Any ideas please (re. carb adjustment) ?

I'm thinking Pilot Jet &/or Float Height adjustment but which comes first ?

Kawasakifreak.

Sometimes putting the choke on will also let a little more air in too by allowing the slides to lift a little, does it die if you hold the throttle slightly open?

Sometimes putting the choke on will also let a little more air in too by allowing the slides to lift a little, does it die if you hold the throttle slightly open?

Yes - if I close the choke but hold the throttle open slightly it will run but the moment I release the throttle the engine dies again.

Kawasakifreak.

Yes - if I close the choke but hold the throttle open slightly it will run but the moment I release the throttle the engine dies again.

Kawasakifreak.

well its not that serious, it just means you need to adjust the throttle stop screw, i'm not familiar with these multi's but there will be one screw adjuster, possibly a type of thumbwheel affair somewhere between the carbs, this will open the throttle stop up a little to enable tick over, have a look for it.

well its not that serious, it just means you need to adjust the throttle stop screw, i'm not familiar with these multi's but there will be one screw adjuster, possibly a type of thumbwheel affair somewhere between the carbs, this will open the throttle stop up a little to enable tick over, have a look for it.

Unfortunately, the throttle stop screw/idle adjuster was the first thing I tried to adjust - only to find it was on max to start with !

Kawasakifreak

Unfortunately, the throttle stop screw/idle adjuster was the first thing I tried to adjust - only to find it was on max to start with !

Kawasakifreak

There must be something amiss then because theres no way it should need that and still not idle, i think it need the carbs balancing and possibly mixture adjustment too, I cant add more than that other than it might be in the workshop manual

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online