125 SR (1987) not starting

ravloony
This post is 5631 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi all,

I recently came into possession of a 125 SR 1987. The other day the bike was left out in the rain , and now it will not start. As far as I can make out it's some kind of electronic failure, because no lights come on when I turn it on, and the motor tries to run if I push it for long enough. I even ran it down a long hill and let the clutch out and it almost started, but was misfiring a lot and so on, as if there was no spark, only compression. I checked the battery and it seems ok, (but I broke my multimeter, so I can't check again just yet...).

Anyway, if anybody has any ideas, please let me know.

Cheers,

ravloony

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi all,

I recently came into possession of a 125 SR 1987. The other day the bike was left out in the rain , and now it will not start. As far as I can make out it's some kind of electronic failure, because no lights come on when I turn it on, and the motor tries to run if I push it for long enough. I even ran it down a long hill and let the clutch out and it almost started, but was misfiring a lot and so on, as if there was no spark, only compression. I checked the battery and it seems ok, (but I broke my multimeter, so I can't check again just yet...).

Anyway, if anybody has any ideas, please let me know.

Cheers,

ravloony

Hi, first and second, charge the battery and check the fuse.