XT350 parts

Goodie
This post is 3908 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi all,

I'm new to this posting business so please be gentle with me.

Right I have an 1990 XT350 import and its a none starter, no idea why but basically it was stolen from me and then returned to me from the police. Obviously the theif was not worried about what happened to it, and then continued to rag it to death, well done , good job. :angry:

Apart from many things I have to do to get it back to a running road worthy bike, one of my concerns are the indicators. Obviously they were missing and replacing them is not a problem, but the wiring is a mess and I think I would be better off starting again, so what I am asking for in this post is, does anyone know where equipment can be purchased new or used and what I actually need in the form of parts, as the old setup was the original dynamo system (I believe).

When the bike was running, the indicators were quite poor so, does anyone know if there is a way of improving their performance seeing as I am in the mood for starting again anyway.

Any help here would be greatly recieved and much appreciated.

Also this is the biggest motorcycle project I have ever embarked upon, (usually I just polish the R1) so I'm not brilliantly technical, but hey you've got to learn somewhere. :huh:

Many thanks in advance ;)

Goodie.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi friend. Here is a link to the service manual for the 1985 model XT350. The last chapter has the wiring diagram for the entire bike. Not sure if the 85 and 90 have identical wiring, but I'm sure it's similar. This manual definitely helped me fix my wreck of a XT.

1985 XT350 FSM

http://david.alfa-romeo.eu/Motorcycle/Yama...amaha_XT350.pdf

Hi friend. Here is a link to the service manual for the 1985 model XT350. The last chapter has the wiring diagram for the entire bike. Not sure if the 85 and 90 have identical wiring, but I'm sure it's similar. This manual definitely helped me fix my wreck of a XT.

1985 XT350 FSM

http://david.alfa-romeo.eu/Motorcycle/Yama...amaha_XT350.pdf

:D thanks a lot, even if its not the same I'm sure i'll be able to drag something useful out of it.

thanks again.

Goodie. ;)

Hi all,

I'm new to this posting business so please be gentle with me.

Apart from many things I have to do to get it back to a running road worthy bike, one of my concerns are the indicators. Obviously they were missing and replacing them is not a problem, but the wiring is a mess and I think I would be better off starting again, so what I am asking for in this post is, does anyone know where equipment can be purchased new or used and what I actually need in the form of parts, as the old setup was the original dynamo system (I believe).

When the bike was running, the indicators were quite poor so, does anyone know if there is a way of improving their performance seeing as I am in the mood for starting again anyway.

Any help here would be greatly recieved and much appreciated.

Also this is the biggest motorcycle project I have ever embarked upon, (usually I just polish the R1) so I'm not brilliantly technical, but hey you've got to learn somewhere. :huh:

Many thanks in advance ;)

Goodie.

Hi Goodie, Govnors Bridge is worth keeping an eye on for NOS parts, as for the indicators, why not fit some LED ones, assuming the bike is 12V

• 4 years later...
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online