just passed my theory......

VITORCOSTA
This post is 5633 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

i passed my theory today and now i got to think about the practical...

basicaly now the way i ride is that i only overtake cars in slow trafic on the left side...... but normally in traffic lights e.t.c i always wait behind other cars, as is i was another car......

i was wondering when i go to the practical exam do i have to ride and when appoching trafic lights e.t.c do i over take cars to the front of the queue or do i just wait behind other cars as is i was another car????

any other tips... im gonna be doing the exam on my 52 plate Yamaha DT125R..... and firstly i need to gain more confidence on the road as i used to offroad terrain and no speedlimits... :lol:

any top tips????? for passing the exam.......

what manuvers do they ask me to do??? do they have that show me tell me ?? that they do for cars????

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

dont filter in your test

drive like a car. You basically need to check your mirrors and do your lifesavers whenever making a manover

example, coming up to a junction you would: mirror (right) mirror(left), signal and then lifesaver and move over.

sitting at lights or something you should do lifesavers before you move, demonstrating that you are aware of the things around you, and giving yourself road presance.

if you are going along a road and decide to slow down, check your mirrors, if you are speeding up, check your mirrors. You just need to be very observant like that. The examiner will ask you 2 questions about the operation of the machine, this can be anything from " show me the horn " to " how do you test your brakes "

remember not to speed at all!

dont filter in your test

drive like a car. You basically need to check your mirrors and do your lifesavers whenever making a manover

example, coming up to a junction you would: mirror (right) mirror(left), signal and then lifesaver and move over.

sitting at lights or something you should do lifesavers before you move, demonstrating that you are aware of the things around you, and giving yourself road presance.

if you are going along a road and decide to slow down, check your mirrors, if you are speeding up, check your mirrors. You just need to be very observant like that. The examiner will ask you 2 questions about the operation of the machine, this can be anything from " show me the horn " to " how do you test your brakes "

remember not to speed at all!

hiya many thanks for the advice.... :D:D

whats about the questions where can i get a list of possible questions...???

what are the manouvers????

how will the examiner rember if ive made any mistakes... he aint got anywhere to write notes....?? :blink:

anything else for me to know..... i understand that mirrors e,t,c are MAJOR in the exam but any other classic faukts that people fail on ????

hiya many thanks for the advice.... :D:D

whats about the questions where can i get a list of possible questions...???

what are the manouvers????

how will the examiner rember if ive made any mistakes... he aint got anywhere to write notes....?? :blink:

anything else for me to know..... i understand that mirrors e,t,c are MAJOR in the exam but any other classic faukts that people fail on ????

The current list is available on the DSA website, have a look at this link, it outlines the test.

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring/Learn...Test/DG_4022723

Once you book your test you will receive a DVD showing a staged test. The new test is due to start in March so try and get through it before then. Your riding school will also give you the list of questions and give you a mock test before the real thing, so dont worry it will all be fairly familiar by the time you do your practical ;)

As for the examiner, he will note and remember virtually every fault so don't take chances, but dont panic you're allowed quite a few (I think 15) minor faults, providing you don't repeat 1 fault too many times as that will constitute a major fault.

Other than failure at specific manoevres & lifesavers, most common fault I would say is failing to cancel indicators, this is only a minor providing you do cancel it before the next side road/junction/hazard. You must stop at a 'stop' sign I mean STOP, put foot down, not trickle across junction (that's a fail at Advanced Test level too) and don't cross a solid central white line, including when joining a dual carriageway.

At this stage it may sound a bit ominous, but have a few lessons and it will all start to flow. You will know when you're ready for the test.

You'll be right mate :thumb:

i passed my theory today and now i got to think about the practical...

basicaly now the way i ride is that i only overtake cars in slow trafic on the left side...... but normally in traffic lights e.t.c i always wait behind other cars, as is i was another car......

i was wondering when i go to the practical exam do i have to ride and when appoching trafic lights e.t.c do i over take cars to the front of the queue or do i just wait behind other cars as is i was another car????

any other tips... im gonna be doing the exam on my 52 plate Yamaha DT125R..... and firstly i need to gain more confidence on the road as i used to offroad terrain and no speedlimits... :lol:

any top tips????? for passing the exam.......

what manuvers do they ask me to do??? do they have that show me tell me ?? that they do for cars????

if you dont filter thay will tell u get a car if there are more than 8car at the lights and you have room the filter through st just behind the first car your instuctor should tell u all this if he does not then hes no good but do ask best of luck to u

IF YOU CAN RIDE A BIKE AND YOU TAKE A FEW LESSONS WITH AN INSTRUCTOR YOU SHOULD PASS WITH EASE.

I TOOK A DIRECT ACCESS COURSE LAST YEAR (2 DAYS WITH AN INSTRUCTOR AND TEST ON THIRD DAY)AND PASSED FIRST TIME,BUT DONT THINK I WOULD WITHOUT INSTRUCTOR( IT ALSO GIVES YOU CONFIDENCE)

ALL YOU HAVE TO THINK ABOUT IS RIDING SAFELY

GOOD LUCK AND DONT PANIC ITS EASIER THAN YOU THINK

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online