Yamaha TZR tail tidy

yamaha_newbe
This post is 5634 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi,

I've just bought myself a 2008 Yamaha TZR 50 and I was thinking about fitting a tail tidy because the stock back end is huge!

However, I've just been out and looked how it would fit but it seems as though the number plate bracket and the undertray is all stuck together in one bit. Now I've taken off the seat to see if there are any bolts keeping it in place but I can't seem to see any.

i've managed to get a few pictures off YouTube to see how people fitted theirs and they seem to have taken the undertray out and the number plate bracket but if I did that all the electrics and wiring would be exposed because that's what the battery is sitting on, effectivley.

There are a few pictures below to see what my bike is now what I'd like the rear end to be similar too.

Yamaha_TZR50_2008_07_1920x1200.jpg

YamahaTZR50Tail.jpg

Thank you in advanced.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi,

I've just bought myself a 2008 Yamaha TZR 50 and I was thinking about fitting a tail tidy because the stock back end is huge!

However, I've just been out and looked how it would fit but it seems as though the number plate bracket and the undertray is all stuck together in one bit. Now I've taken off the seat to see if there are any bolts keeping it in place but I can't seem to see any.

i've managed to get a few pictures off YouTube to see how people fitted theirs and they seem to have taken the undertray out and the number plate bracket but if I did that all the electrics and wiring would be exposed because that's what the battery is sitting on, effectivley.

There are a few pictures below to see what my bike is now what I'd like the rear end to be similar too.

Yamaha_TZR50_2008_07_1920x1200.jpg

YamahaTZR50Tail.jpg

Thank you in advanced.

Ok so where are you going to dangle the legal UK stuff from in picture 2 (assuming a UK bike)? Why not do your own thing and produce a tail that allows the legal stuff & looks cool !

Regards Jim

Ok so where are you going to dangle the legal UK stuff from in picture 2 (assuming a UK bike)? Why not do your own thing and produce a tail that allows the legal stuff & looks cool !

Regards Jim

Well, hopefully a tail tidy!