Pay And Display In London

VITORCOSTA
This post is 5637 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi , i recencly started to ride a motorbike and now ive come to the problems of parking a motorbike.... in a pay and display zone...

most places i go that i used to be able to just lock up my pedal bike now i have to park and pay and display ... but how do i do that for a motorbike????

if i buy the ticket ... some one will just nick it and put it in their car....

what should i do??

my mates said that what he does is he buys a ticket and puts it in his wallet... when he retruns is theres no ticket then OK fine... but if theres a ticket he jsut sends them the penalty notice and the ticket he bought....

whats the best method to park in a pay and display area if there are not motorcycle bay near....

loads of car bay but not many motorcycle bays in south london near southwark...

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Apart from residents parking, the only paid motorbike parking I've seen is in Westminster, where you have to call up a number to pay as soon as you park your bike. Something like £1.50/day. I guess it all gets done by cameras there.

Don't know how it is with Southwark, have a look at the council website (sorry I would look but it's too late)

http://www.southwark.gov.uk/YourServices/transport/parking/

If you can't find any thing, then aren't the motorbike bays still free?

Hi , i recencly started to ride a motorbike and now ive come to the problems of parking a motorbike.... in a pay and display zone...

most places i go that i used to be able to just lock up my pedal bike now i have to park and pay and display ... but how do i do that for a motorbike????

if i buy the ticket ... some one will just nick it and put it in their car....

what should i do??

my mates said that what he does is he buys a ticket and puts it in his wallet... when he retruns is theres no ticket then OK fine... but if theres a ticket he jsut sends them the penalty notice and the ticket he bought....

whats the best method to park in a pay and display area if there are not motorcycle bay near....

loads of car bay but not many motorcycle bays in south london near southwark...

I've been riding in London for 7 years and never ever paid a parking fee or a ticket, I usually find a space somewhere on the side or even pavement, if the bike is not in anyones way the traffic wardens won’t bother with it.

B careful- I once got a ticket for parking on the pavement. ALL the motorcycle bays were full and i was flush with the curb so i could still chain it up (so not really in anyone's way). I didn't notice the ticket until a guy on a bus pointed to the front of the bike where they'd stuck it. Not happy that day 743_gangster_shooting_a_machine_gun.gif :o

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online