superb run!!

liquidcooled
This post is 7305 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Difficult one Alan!

I'll only consider Yam/Kwak/Honda, I don't like sportsbikes (can't do the riding position anyway), got to have proper bars (the higher and wider the better)....and I want something that's relatively light. Mind you, anything after the Divvy 9 is relatively light. :lol:

So, not really sure...TDM 900, XT600 would be the Yam options...I'll have to check out the Kwak and Honda options.

It goes without saying that Shitzuki will not be considered. :lol:

Difficult one Alan!

I'll only consider Yam/Kwak/Honda, I don't like sportsbikes (can't do the riding position anyway), got to have proper bars (the higher and wider the better)....and I want something that's relatively light. Mind you, anything after the Divvy 9 is relatively light.  :lol: 

So, not really sure...TDM 900, XT600 would be the Yam options...I'll have to check out the Kwak and Honda options.

It goes without saying that Shitzuki will not be considered.  :lol:

i know you appriciate the _non chaindrive bikes_, so it will be a BMW. just go and trye out an r1150gs and you are an gooner;). relatively cheap and very very trustworthy for long streches. or the r1100rt if you do not like the height of the gs.

my father in law has one r1100rt -99 and i have to say that its probably the best touring bike ive ever tried. just about everything is placed the way that you can just relax and enjoy the travel.

the tdm's look a good option pete 8) should be quite comfy too. what's wrong with the divvy anyway? it's weight, and power or what?

The Divvy is a fantastic "mile-muncher"....but on motorway type trips.

Put it on twisties like we have in Wales, and it's like a barge.

It really is hard work compared to more recent bikes I've had like the Fazer, Cat, or ZR-7S. They'd go round corners like they were on rails...while the Divvy just wallows and has very heavy imprecise steering.

They're ideal for some types of rider (the guy who had it before had 2 inch wide chicken strips), but it's not right for me. I don't belt about but I try to maintain a set pace (say 70mph) and stay at that whatever the bend etc. Try that on the Divvy and you'd be through a hedge.

The other drawback is the weight of the thing, and I have damaged MCL's in both knees, consequently I'm starting to get joint pain because of it.

So....have to consider another option.

I can't use the FZR for the next few weeks, fell off my mountain bike on Thursday, broke collar bone in 2 places and bruised my ribs :-( Gutted, just put a pair of 208's on it as well ready for the weekend. Never mind though, should be back in about 4weeks.

My brother just bought his first bike, a 2001 R6 with 540 genuine miles on the clock. All he's got to do now is pass his test!

• Admin

Sorry to hear about that dai :shock:

I suppose you will be sneaking out on your bros r6 8)

Well i have spent nearly every passing hour over the weekend on my bike, trying to get used to riding it again :shock: My wrists feel like i have been standing on them all day or something :evil:

I stupidly pulled over to speak to a bike cop to see if there was going to be any bikesafe courses in the area, forgetting i had a black visor, illegal can, and number plate :shock:

And i was pleasantly surprised the police man couldnt give me enough info, and never said anything about the illegalities of my bike etc 8)

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online