keep having to jump start (why)

clampyface
This post is 5657 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi

:offtopic: all had a ride to lancaster the other night pulled into the service station on the m6, went for a piss came back to bike would not start, i think left my oxford heated grips on so had to jump it.

Got bike going then decided to carry on the m6 to the lakes with my heated grips turned of, 30 miles later pulled in stopped bike then tried to start fuck all happened, jump it again back on m6 59 miles later at home stopped bike, guess what bike still would not start why, is it the starter switch or coil or battery fucked , but it is a new battery.

Thanks all

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

You can run a battery down so far it won't come back. When you say you jumped it i take it that the bike started normally other than needing the jump leads.

Try another battery if you can to be certain, you may even get it back with a good charge from a GOOD QUALITY car battery charger but whatever happens the battery will never be as good as it was.

Could be a regulator that's gone south :unsure: .......hence Not Charging the battery properly.

Sounds like a session with a Multi-tester just might pin-point your prob. ;)

Could be a regulator that's gone south :unsure: .......hence Not Charging the battery properly.

Sounds like a session with a Multi-tester just might pin-point your prob. ;)

Could be but i doubt a bike with charging problems and a flat battery could do 90miles at night, lights on and such.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online