Schools are finally taking action!

Imanupstart
This post is 5644 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

This one still causes quite a bit of amazement in me, the fact that the legal system didn't laugh outright at her and tell her to grow a brain and get out of the courtroom. I actually use this example when people ask me why the judicial system is messed up. We now have laws for everything, including having to include a legal warning on insulated coffee cups pointing out that the beverage inside may be hot.

I'm still waiting for the day a man drops an ice cold drink into his laps and his balls shrivel up causing him to get into an accident and getting a huge settlement for that.

Can we settle this once and for all? The woman was not at fault- the coffee was undrinkably hot , was kept and served at a temperature that would and did cause serious burns. The company knew this and didn't give a shit, that's why she sued and won.

And I'm not saluting no flag for nobody. I'm English, I'm proud of it, I love my country. But I'm English and feel no urge to rub other people noses in it. that's for lesser, insecure nations. The true Englishman knows we are superiour by right of birth - no need to brag about it, that's unseemly. Teach some more pride, but don't decsend into jingo-ism.

Other cultures coming over here and working? Well, that's better than we did to them! What line do you do for them being forigeners? Lots of "them" were born here!

Agree with most of the rest of it, we could do with more common sense. However, the country is not in a worse state than it was when I was born - there is a great deal of scaremongering shit published with the intent of frightening the populace so they will more easily accept truly unBritish ideas like no jury of your peers, no right to silence, no more innocent until proved guilty , a lower standard of evidence, surveliance at all times, ID cards (a wholly unBritish idea), not allowed to freely assemble, not allowed to protest anywhere near the House of Commons. that's the truly scary shit, and most people don't notice what's gone until they need it and end up in nick.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

It's really funny at my school. If the lunchtime staff are having trouble controlling the kids, they kind of shoot a "help me" look to the nearby 6th Formers and then just leave teh area and get us to sort them out :P. It's completely unofficial but because they aren't allowed to give people a good telling off anymore and we are it's how they go about doing it when things get really bad. The only time we don't help them is the end of each year when the leavers celebrate and we have smoke bombs and massive water-baloon catapults firing into our quad (playground)

But I personally think that the laws that restrict teachers and schooling staff from doing their jobs effectively are a load of crap.

There's my 2pence worth :D

Can we settle this once and for all? The woman was not at fault- the coffee was undrinkably hot , was kept and served at a temperature that would and did cause serious burns. The company knew this and didn't give a shit, that's why she sued and won.

Wow! you really have a good memory, this was taken from a piece of paper I got over 15 years ago! What's you secret to this incredible memory?

forigeners? Lots of "them" were born here!

Well, if they have a British passport (or the birthright to have one), then they are not forigeners - are they ?

innocent until proved guilty

I think you are reffering to Presumed innocent - it's not the same

Your opinion is perfectly valid - there is no such thing as a wrong opinion. I did finish off by saying this the points I made were very good reasons why I should stick to what I do best (and I do it very well) - some people are born leaders, most try hard, but those that rise to the top often have different goals. I'm fairly certain that they all start off with the right intentions, but when your life depends on popularity - it's easy to get lost.

The point about the flag, I think that a good way of instiling a national sense of pride, we live in dark times where the enemys of 'our way of life' move amoung us - anything that helps weed that out can't be bad - can it ?

You are of course correct, English people have a sense of being English and there are some things we do, and just do do - stiff upper lip yada yada yada. The point is, we are all British, Like it or not. You may also be a Scouser, a Geordie, a Manc, you are still British.

A friend of mine died, and was layed to rest under the Union Flag. That says enough for me.

We are all entitled to think what we want to think, we should have the same right of expression.

I'm going on too much now, look what you've started. I need to remember what's really important, my bike is waiting..... ;)

I'm going to sound redicuously right wing here but i think this si something that they have got right...

I personally would be more than happy to do a few year's compulsory national service so long as it sorts out all of the losers of my generation aswell, I'd be happy to sacrifice a couple of years of my life so that some of the other tossers clean up their acts and I can live my life more happily later on with less fear of getting ym bike nicked if i don't lock it up or of getting stabbed for looking at the wrong person.

In these areas I'm not sure how much a foot massage would help anyone.

nobody has mentioned my favourite slogan, bring back the birch, and cane,stocks on the village green for minor offences, birched in the middle of the pitch for football hooligans, by the way what constituets? being too old??

nobody has mentioned my favourite slogan, bring back the birch, and cane,stocks on the village green for minor offences, birched in the middle of the pitch for football hooligans, by the way what constituets? being too old??

being to old for what ted? your never to old to enjoy the good things in life like motor bikes ,snowboarding ,bungee jumping, a parachute jump your only here once its not a rehearsal my body will tell me when i am to old, oh ted you forgot to mention hanging? starting with the goverment lol

Stocks were mentioned!! Rule no.17 - A motorist hitting a biker (who is allowed to run the lights) was to be placed in the stocks.

Too old... To be honest I didn't think of a specific age. I could perhaps have enlarged it to those old biddies in their little fiats etc. who think that 2 mph is now fast, who don't indicate, who don't stop at stop junctions and so forth. You know the type!! :D

Only here once...what about my re-incarnation plan!! :angry:

Hanging has been replaced with the steam roller option. You just sluice the bits away at the end....Government first.. :lol:

When I said National Service...perhaps it could come in several forms...eg. Not just military but perhaps looking after the elderly in carehomes or road maintenance ( we need it!!) or some NHS skill. Something that adds value to the country and not takes away.

That national service idea is really good, use people who are forced to be there by law instead of prisoners who are.... damnit, I haven't really thought this through have I? still a good idea!!! you should think about it some more and write a letter to your MP :P lol

[...]

Let me point this out before I do the rest of my post: thank you for pointing out that the reason she won was the coffee was undrinkably hot.

I'm not going to argue this to the ends of the earth since there are a multitude of arguments that could be used, but I will point this out: common sense would dictate that your coffee would be hot, note I did not say how hot. Everybody has burnt their tounge on a hot beverage at some point and learned the valuable lesson of sipping to see how hot the beverage is before going toungefirst into it.

The company knew their coffee was hot? Wow, that's a crime. Hot coffee. I guess that's why coffee places now serve their coffee hot and cold.

Going back to the main point, common sense should be used by everybody, not a rare few.