1999 R6 Key Barrel????

wisey999
This post is 5653 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I have just bought a R6 and the key always gives me grief to turn the bike on. I am looking at changing the key barrell to sort this out. Does anyone know roughly how much this will cost or can anybody reccommend a good garage near me in Orpington Kent BR6.

any help is greatly appreciated

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I have just bought a R6 and the key always gives me grief to turn the bike on. I am looking at changing the key barrell to sort this out. Does anyone know roughly how much this will cost or can anybody reccommend a good garage near me in Orpington Kent BR6.

any help is greatly appreciated

why ? the mechanics of the barrel would not make to much odds to the elecs, unless your elecs imobilizes your key.. why has it gome that far ? if thats the case ur knackered,,,, just live with old Yam's that dont suffered with key probs !!

regards Jim

cheers RXSrider that should be fine. the actual barrell is alot cheaper than I thought it would be so thats good, now iv just gotta find someone who is able to fit it for me.

thanks again matey

PS JimR

I think you have misunderstood what the problem is, its not a problem with the electris just a problem with the key actually turning to the 'on' position when its in the barrel. At the moment I have to turn the key as if to lock the handle bars, and then slowly turn it towards the 'on' position whilst bringing the key up. lol. a long procedure I know but well worth it for the riding experience lol. Cheers for your help anyway though mate its appreciated.

Dan

i had the same issue, i chucked some wd40 in the key hole. it stil required a jiggle, but beter than b4 where it would only turn after 10 tries!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online