Puncture

square box
This post is 5656 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Took the R1 out for a blast other day and thought handling seamed a bit slow and sluggish, put it down to the cold weather so tyres coldish, got home and pushed bike into the garage and it felt a bit heavy! Checked rear tyre only 15 pound pressure checked it out and small nail sticking out so new tyre on way :angry:

Square Box

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

If done professionally, you can get the rear tyre plugged... (from the inside instead of out)

Personally I would swap it but it depends what you want to do.

Also think about getting some ultra seal, me and my dad have both used it for a few years and we have a huge collection of bits of metal,nails etc we've pull out of our tires :lol:

Hmm I see where your coming from, and I've plugged many tyres over the years... Just never superbike tyres.

Checked rear tyre only 15 pound pressure checked it out and small nail sticking out so new tyre on way :angry:

Bit of a bugger <_< anyway .. them tyres nowadays are they tube-less? I always pack a tin of that tyre fix in me bag

How does them tyres of R1s &R6s etc do with instant repair ??:unsure: my old DTs got tubes ..

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online