anyone know of any carbon fibre bits for xvs models?

danster
This post is 5662 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

afternoon all,

just on the hunt for the bodywork side of the bike (after bars, mirrors and exhausts done now) mainly around fenders and maybe some engine covers etc

has anyone ever come across any carbon fibre bits for the xvs / dragstar / v-star models? things are coming up a bit light on google searches....

any links / comments appreciated

thanks, dan

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Unlikely.

I wrote a long piss-taking reply about Cruisers, chrome etc, but the internet hiccupped and lost it.

Check the Hein Gericke catalogue.

You will find a couple of bits there and maybe some manufacturers who are willing to custom build. It will be expensive.

Beyond that and without spending shitloads of cash, little chance really.

Unlikely.

I wrote a long piss-taking reply about Cruisers, chrome etc, but the internet hiccupped and lost it.

Check the Hein Gericke catalogue.

You will find a couple of bits there and maybe some manufacturers who are willing to custom build. It will be expensive.

Beyond that and without spending shitloads of cash, little chance really.

cheers mate, i suspected as much - would be nice but not worth getting stuff custom made.

out of curiosity, which was did your rant go about cruisers and chrome - for or against?!

dan

For or against?

You'll have to decide :lol:

From memory, it was something along the lines of this;

"Errrr...... Dude?

I don't know if anyone's pointed this out, but - You're riding a Cruiser!!!

Your bike mostly comprises artfully painted metal/plastic bodywork, blackened framework and chrome bits. Your accessories are mostly leather, chrome, leather and chrome, possibly chromed chrome, lots of chrome, manyfold chrome or chrome, chrome, chrome and chrome. You are permitted clear plastic only on those parts which must necessarily be transparent. They should still have as much chrome accenting on them as possible.

Incidentally, you are also expected to wear leather of some description, preferably with chromed parts. You are also expected to wear a bandanna at all times, except those where the law insists upon a helmet. You will be expected to have a big beard and sunglasses, along with a beer gut and leather waistcoat.

You are expected to hold up ALL traffic, to allow a Little Old Lady to cross the road".

So in short, ALL your specific bike's accessories will likely come ONLY in chrome!!

As an aside, I do expect a few brainless tossers will actually have a go at me for belittling Cruiser riders in this fashion.

I heartily recommend that such people take a look on the left of my posts, read the text beneath the St George flag, go look up 'Ironic' in the dictonary and then impale themselves on a large marital aid..... before removing their testicles, going out and buying a small cc Scooter!!

Actually, I don't like chrome.

I accept the chrome that comes with the bike, but beyond that I am the complete opposite of a Chrome Queen.

Actually, I don't like chrome.

I accept the chrome that comes with the bike, but beyond that I am the complete opposite of a Chrome Queen.

In my case if I could change the fuel tank and mudguards to chrome I would, albeit I don't like the cleaning bit :)

cheers