F1 Fazer ABS vs. FZ1 ABS

Bandit146
This post is 5670 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi Everybody,

as an old 'pootler' who enjoys a recreational ride throughout all seasons, am looking at my next potential bike - either a F1 Fazer ABS or a FZ1 ABS vs. a TDM900. Before I get to the TDB900 questions, I would like to understand...

1. What's the difference between the two FZ1s?

2. I prefer the look of the Naked FZ1/Fazer (the one with the black engine + underbelly cover) over the half-cowled Sports version, as I would definitely add a screen thereafter...so, which screen is best, and is this a good plan?

TDM900 Questions

3. This seems a great machine, yet hardly anyone seems to buy them - why is that?

4. As I've browsed through the whole section, I can't find much info on TDM900 riders, so was wondering if there are any dedicated TDM900 sites?

5. And if you are a FZ1 or TDM900 rider, what are the pro/neg sides of my FZ1 vs. TDM 900 argument?

All positive input much appreciated. :rolleyes:

Cheers! :)

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Actually, upon reflection, would I be correct to suggest that the only difference is that the FZ1 Fazer ABS is a naked version and t'other FZ1 is a faired version?

If so, excuse my erm, erm, duh! ;)

Fazer is the faired one, FZ1 is the unfaired bike.

Two of my mates have the mentiond bikes, one has the TDM other the Fazer unfaired. The TDM looks higher and more upright with a trail look where as the Fazer looks more agressive and sporty, the mate with the TDM is on his second one and really rates them, I see a few TDM's on my commute so they must be reliable, you tend to see mostly the fazer 600 on commute. Have you checked out the insurance and servicing cost of both as this could be quite different?

Cheers Square Box.

Two of my mates have the mentiond bikes, one has the TDM other the Fazer unfaired. The TDM looks higher and more upright with a trail look where as the Fazer looks more agressive and sporty, the mate with the TDM is on his second one and really rates them, I see a few TDM's on my commute so they must be reliable, you tend to see mostly the fazer 600 on commute. Have you checked out the insurance and servicing cost of both as this could be quite different?

Cheers Square Box.

Thanks for that, M8. :)

I have not yet checked out the insurance / servicing costs, as they don't really factor into the equation in my situation...at least, not so long as the financial tsunami that's yet to land doesn't affect my Icelandic holdings. Groan. :(

I think it might come down to a head vs. heart situation: the head votes for the TDM900 whilst the heart votes for the FZ1....oh be still my beating heart! :lol:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online