Tyres???

vin petrol
This post is 5523 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi, my mate has a 2002 R6 and needs new tyres. He doesnt have access to the net, what do you recommend for all round usage. Im thinking Dunlops but he got told by a RR rider to go for bridgestones. Mainly country road blasting than motorway or out. Thanks

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

i think the dunlop Roadsmart is an ok tyre, my friend has them on his R6 - doesnt last quite as long as the Avons though.

I had dunlops on my ZXR400 and they were ok - but the last 4 sets of tyres iv had have been Avon Storms - cant fault them TBH - Great Tyre.

i think the dunlop Roadsmart is an ok tyre, my friend has them on his R6 - doesnt last quite as long as the Avons though.

I had dunlops on my ZXR400 and they were ok - but the last 4 sets of tyres iv had have been Avon Storms - cant fault them TBH - Great Tyre.

avon storms have very good feedback

my friend new someone that should have crashed his bike " it was wet " and he was convinced he was comming of, but the tires held and he got out of it.

look into buying a set mate, gota be the best all round tyre

Guest FZ6 GEOFF S2

I use the new Michelin 2pct compound tyre (the one u see advertasing before the moto gp and WSB races) and they are a very good all round tyre.

thanks guys, top info :D

Avon Storms great allround (get it :lol: ) tyre, seriously though, yes they are a cracking tyre, wet or dry and last fairly long. Dunlop are also good. Bridgestones also pretty good too, plenty in the range too.

had bridestone o14s on my 04 r6 .they were great in the dry but not so good in the wet.just put 021 sport touring tyres on it as i have had a few sets of the previous 020s.the 021s are brilliant wet or dry ,and you will get good mileage.

Dunlop Qualifiers -decent performance, longer life

or

Michelin Pilot 2CT -dual compound, good performance, long life

or

Pirelli Diablo/Dragon Supercorsa -great performance, short life

*When I owned a 2004 R6 I put Qualifiers on it at first, great tire for the decent rider. Once I got better I changed to the supercorsa's and my confidence went through the roof.

• 5 months later...

I HAVE DUNLOP ROADSMARTS ON MY T.CAT AND HAVE JUST DONE A TRACKDAY AT MALLORY PARK. TEMPERATURE WAS NOT ABOVE 10 DEGREES ALL DAY AND THE TYRES STUCK TO THE TRACK LIKE SHIT TO A BLANKET.

ALL THIS BOLLOCKS ABOUT PEOPLE GOTTA HAVING THE LATEST RUBBER IS CRAP AS I RIDE ON ROAD AND TRACK WITH THE SAME TYRES AND BELIEVE ME I HAVE DONE TRACKDAYS ON MICHELIN MACADAMS WHICH WERE A HARD TOURING TYRE AND STILL OBLITERATE ALL THE BIGGER BIKES WITH THEIR EXPENSIVE AND SHORT TYRE LIFE TYRES.

FOR A DECENT RIDER ON ROAD OR TRACK, YOU WILL STILL NOT USE ALL THE PERFORMANCE OF AN AVERAGE TYRE ON ANY BIKE YOU OWN.

had bridestone o14s on my 04 r6 .they were great in the dry but not so good in the wet.just put 021 sport touring tyres on it as i have had a few sets of the previous 020s.the 021s are brilliant wet or dry ,and you will get good mileage.

I agree with mental mickey the bridgestone 21s are a good tyre wet or dry. I have done nearly 9,000 miles on the rear, and got over 7,000 on the front before I replaced it.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online