COMPLETE IDIOT NEEDS HELP WI DTR 125

djpaulg
This post is 5530 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

HI ALL BASICALLY IVE GOT MYSELF A 07 PLATE DTR 125, ELECTRIC START MODEL, THING IS I BOUGHT IT SECOND HAND FROM A GARAGE AND ALTHOUGH THE BIKE IS 1 AND A HALF YRS OLD ITS DONE 11000 MILES, ITS GOT THE FULL DEP EXHAUST FITTED BUT ITS STILL WELL SLOWER THAN SOME OF YOUS ARE SAYING YOU GET OUTTA YOUR BIKES, I TRIED LOOKING FOR THE WIRE TO EARTH THE POWERVALVE BUT THERE AINT ONE IN THE BLOCK WHICH SUGGESTS TO ME ITS ALREADY EARTHED, APART FROM THAT I NO NOTHING!!! IT SEEMS LIKE A FAST BIKE, BUT ONLY HITS 75 MAX AND IM NOT A BIG GUY ( 5'7 AND 10 STONE) SO WAS EXPECTING A LOT MORE OUT OF IT, IF ANYONE CAN HELP ME I WOULD BE SO THANKFULL. PAUL..

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I have an older DT and when i was trying ot find info for derestricting mine i heard a lot of people talking about how it was a lot harder to derestrict newer models.....not much help to you i know.

have checked the site wherre i got most of my info from (http://www.dtr125.net) and they do mention 04 plate onwards so if you haven't already looked it might help.

Hopefully someone on here have soem useful info for ya...sorry it wasn't me :rolleyes:

DUDE..... PLEASE STOP TYPING ALL IN CAPS!!!!!!!

It's the internet equivalent of SHOUTING YOUR FECKING BOLLOCKS OFF AT EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks.

As for the speed issue - Don't worry. 125s are supposed to be slow.

You can feck about and modify it to go faster (plenty of threads here), but it comes with a risk and a cost, especially if you want a bigger bike and have to re-sell the 125. NO decent dealer will touch your bike if it's been modded.

Learn to ride well instead - Most 125s will outrun the average biker if ridden well.

Plus, nothing is better in traffic than a light, manoeuvrable machine!!!

People often buy 125s, just so they can have fun chucking it around.

if its done that milage its probly had a new chain and sprockets so check if they have gone down a tooth on the front otherwise dont worry because i dont get much over 80 on mine unless reli pushing which i hate doing so 60 is a reasonable speed.

Just enjoy it iv out done 650 supermotos on mine so its not the top end reli its how you ride it.

Also try to avoid big roads like motorways it will feel horrible. If you wanted speed then a 125 trail bike was the wrong choice if you wanted fun then its perfect :D

Mate, I have recently gone from a 2001 Dt125r de-restricted with a Dep and reed valves to a 2003 xt600e but if i had to go back i don't think i would find the dt that slow when under 50mph.

To be honest if you want a 125 thats still fast over 50mph you need a RS125.

My dt did 80 max so its not far off but the slightest bit of a head wind and it was down to 60mph everywhere.

Remember its still gonna have less than 25hp!

• 5 months later...

if you use a full dep upgrade your jets change your cogs and chain combo plus mess about with your air box double check your earth make sure you earth the wire to the battery earth located near the right foot peg just follow the black cable negative from your battery with a decent thickness cable as a crap connection will reduce power or it will be intermitant if you do all the above you can touch a 100 with a tail wind but you will get about 50 to a tank plus stock up on piston rings as you will start to get through them alot mx race teams rebuild there engines after every race so run the bikes at full power and hard if you have a true earth on your standard bike then you will notice the difference straight away it will wheelie even if its the only thing you do to mod it about 20bhp you can then get another 17 extra if you do the above the most you can get out of it is 37 as for a dealer not touching it a yam one yes but independent dealers yes if all the work has been done correctly and its not been thrashed they can sell a full power bike easy than a restricted bike if you where a 17 year old with a pocket full of money what would you go for as for the cable your looking for behind the clock follow the cables out 3 of into a white connector then there will be four on the other end the green and black one is the one your looking for that would run to the rev counter if there was one earth it securing any cable with zip ties away from the exhaust and thats it hold on tight

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online