81 xs400 seat hook

paultsmith
This post is 5687 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I am in the process of rebuilding an 81xs400 and am having a hard time finding some parts.

I am looking for the shaft with the attached hooks that are underneath the sea, used to hold down and lock the seat.

My current seat is in great shape, so I don't want to buy a new seat from ebay for $75, since I just need this one part. I was hoping that someoe may have an extra lying around if they replaced a seat.

If not I will have to build one by welding a hook on a shaft and if anyone has a photo of the hook or an outline please post a photo.

Thanks

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I am in the process of rebuilding an 81xs400 and am having a hard time finding some parts.

I am looking for the shaft with the attached hooks that are underneath the sea, used to hold down and lock the seat.

My current seat is in great shape, so I don't want to buy a new seat from ebay for $75, since I just need this one part. I was hoping that someoe may have an extra lying around if they replaced a seat.

If not I will have to build one by welding a hook on a shaft and if anyone has a photo of the hook or an outline please post a photo.

Thanks

Good luck on that, I spent considerable time trying to find seat mounting parts and finally had to buy a seat because I couldn't get the mounting hardware anywhere for any price. You can see diagrams of them on bikebandit.com under oem parts.

Thanks

could have sworn i see 'em on ebay, got my 2A2 seat/helmet lock from USA ebay brand new!!!

could have sworn i see 'em on ebay, got my 2A2 seat/helmet lock from USA ebay brand new!!!

The 1980 uses a different mounting than the earlier models, I found complete seats on ebay, but not the mounting hardware without the seat (was a bummer because I had/have the original seat with all the mounting hardware gone), at least not the part that locks it down. You can get all the frame mounted parts, but the clips and rod on the underside of the seat I have not been able to find by themselves for any price.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online