Very very very slow acceleration

CraigAeroX
This post is 5715 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi everyone i have a yamaha aerox 50cc 2005, it is derestricted and completly standard apart from the exhaust rollers and clutch springs, i fitted a leo vince tt sports exhaust on it today and also fitted the rollers and springs that came with it.

when i pull away it hardly moves even on full throttle to pull away it is very very very sluggish and sounds like it is really stuggeling.

is this because i need to derestric the variator to get more power, or is it because i need to upjet?

i have no idea and i have college on monday and i ride it there everyday, soo any help would be great!!

thanks

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

hi everyone i have a yamaha aerox 50cc 2005, it is derestricted and completly standard apart from the exhaust rollers and clutch springs, i fitted a leo vince tt sports exhaust on it today and also fitted the rollers and springs that came with it.

when i pull away it hardly moves even on full throttle to pull away it is very very very sluggish and sounds like it is really stuggeling.

is this because i need to derestric the variator to get more power, or is it because i need to upjet?

i have no idea and i have college on monday and i ride it there everyday, soo any help would be great!!

thanks

what's an exhaust roller & springs ? do you mean clutch rollers & springs ? if so I guess you have fitted um wrong if the clutch is slipping it will sound like the motor is revving it;s knackers off & going no where but if there are rollers in the exhaust (? cannot think where they would go) I wouldalso guess these are fitted incorrectly ( I do guess you ment clutch not exhaust having circular bits of metal floating around in an exhaust system sounds bizzare). So (i guess) re strip the clutch and check that the springs are not to strong, the friction pads not touching the outer flywheel enuff, and the risers (rollers) are runnig up thier tunnels well enuff for the belt flywheel to alter and move inwards to take up the drive. If thats not happening the bike will rev & go no where but if you get load (like going up hill) and no drive the rollers are moving up to quickly and producing to higher gear too quick. As I don't know what you have fitted and where this is the best I can do

Regards Jim

what's an exhaust roller & springs ? do you mean clutch rollers & springs ? if so I guess you have fitted um wrong if the clutch is slipping it will sound like the motor is revving it;s knackers off & going no where but if there are rollers in the exhaust (? cannot think where they would go) I wouldalso guess these are fitted incorrectly ( I do guess you ment clutch not exhaust having circular bits of metal floating around in an exhaust system sounds bizzare). So (i guess) re strip the clutch and check that the springs are not to strong, the friction pads not touching the outer flywheel enuff, and the risers (rollers) are runnig up thier tunnels well enuff for the belt flywheel to alter and move inwards to take up the drive. If thats not happening the bike will rev & go no where but if you get load (like going up hill) and no drive the rollers are moving up to quickly and producing to higher gear too quick. As I don't know what you have fitted and where this is the best I can do

Regards Jim

As i have come to understand its to do with the scoots auto gearbox(constant velocity thing) they use a variable belt system (like the CVT in a the mk3 fiesta, Yawn)and the springs nd rollers control how far and how fast the belt moves on the cone to change the ratio.

I have to admit i don't have the faintest idea what a variator is but yes i would think some carb changes would be needed for the pipe. Its not like you have bought a two bit exhaust so there should be some tech back and a phone call, or e-mail may be worthwhile otherwise if you REALLY need it for college then the only common sense option is to take it all off till you can be sure whats needed, sorry can't be more help.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online