XS400 12E side stand switch and turn cancellation

asier
This post is 5704 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi all again,

Although it looks I wasn't very lucky in my fist post :unsure: I'm posting again with my hopes in getting any answer... :rolleyes:

I've been checking my bike and have realised it's missing two devices; I think they may have been removed :huh:

First: I've read somewhere that the bike has a side stand switch that cuts off the engine if you engage a gear while the side stand is open. After checking the part list and checking the bike I've realised the swith is not there at all. Do your bikes have it? Does anyone have a picture of it? the manual is not very graphical and I'would like to see it physically for trying to find a replacement and an idea on how to mount it.

Second: I found an spare connector "floating" above my carbs, after some research I think it is the connector for the turn cancellation device. Can anyone confirm it should be there?

This second issue made me think my bike was the German model limited to 27hp, but the Spanish importer has told me there was only one model imported at that time and it was the "full"-45hp one. So maybe the original owner took these two items away :-(

For the side stand switch I, personally, find it useful, for the turn cancellation, I have no idea. Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Asier.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

replacement turn cancellres are £45 so maybe the owner thew it away.

As for the side stand switch, I don't have one and really can't see any problem without one. the gubbins are usually attached inside the side stand bracket!!

yep, cancellers sound expensive...

for the swith I don't really see a problem, it's more a plus. I've already started to drive with the side stand open :-(

I guess it's a beginners' issue... Anyhow I'm thinking more on find it at some scrap yard, rather than a new one, and mounting it for the, let's say, "bike completness".

Thanks,

Asier.

yep, cancellers sound expensive...

for the swith I don't really see a problem, it's more a plus. I've already started to drive with the side stand open :-(

I guess it's a beginners' issue... Anyhow I'm thinking more on find it at some scrap yard, rather than a new one, and mounting it for the, let's say, "bike completness".

Thanks,

Asier.

juist take it off for now and use the main stand only :D