just wanted to introduce myself hi all

Taffy Bear
This post is 5714 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Gday

my name is Rhys,

Im from Wales but now live in Australia, iv been riding bikes for most of my life,but never got a licence, now that im 35 i want to get a licence and a nice bike to go with, iv been saving up for a xvs650 custom. There is only one problem my farther is dead against me getting a bike, the funny thing is that he also has just got a Triumph T100 for himself ? dont figure. My wife and kids support me 100%, but i dont want to fight with my farther, it seems double standards to me,will have to see what he says when i roll up to his house with it :unsure:

owell

see you all later

Rhys (BEAR)

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi Rhys in Oz, Good to hear feom you mate, Its a tricky one with your dad yes, does seem like double standards. Ive been riding bikes since 14 years old and my mum and dad must have been worried back then too, But at least for the first early years I was riding off road due to my age and gaining skill and experience. Ypu say you have also got lots of experience too..Thats what i cant understand, Especially that dads got a bike too! Anyway Good luck with it all... Think you better just get it and go out for rides with dad :rolleyes:

G day mate dave here good choice in bike dont worry about the old man. he will come round after he gives you the usual dad speach. you know the one.

Hi Rhys in Oz, Good to hear feom you mate, Its a tricky one with your dad yes, does seem like double standards. Ive been riding bikes since 14 years old and my mum and dad must have been worried back then too, But at least for the first early years I was riding off road due to my age and gaining skill and experience. Ypu say you have also got lots of experience too..Thats what i cant understand, Especially that dads got a bike too! Anyway Good luck with it all... Think you better just get it and go out for rides with dad :rolleyes:

thx for the support, this is the bike that im getting

2009-Yamaha-V-Star-650Customa-1.jpg