Get signing

SRJ999
This post is 5709 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I got my copy of Motorcycle Racer magazine this weekand read Larry Carter's editorial with interest. Specifically, it referred to the current spate of recently moved-in residents complaining about noisy facilities that were there before they were and wanting them stopped. The article then gave a link to the petition to the PM asking for "Grandfather rights" for such facilities, suggesting that objections be rejected so long as the activity has not increased significantly.

The reason I bring it up is because of the threat to racing circuits, which would fall under such proposed protection. Castle Combe is restricted in what it can do, as is Croft, apparently. Lydden Hill in Dover has already stopped bike racing. How long before Brands gets the chop as a result of all the new housing being built around it? OK, so that's unlikely - but is it? The petition address is:

Go stop the NIMBYs

When I signed, there were already over 12,000 signatures. The deadline is 17 September, so hurry up, girls and boys.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

We had something like that where someone moved in next to a busy pub, then complained about people drunk late at night.

The whole pub went round one night, somewhat sozzled, and basically said, "We were here first, feck off and move elsewhere!!".

The people moved elsewhere.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online