do i really need a dynojet?

2enjoi2
This post is 5722 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

my problem is my bike runs too rich between 2 and 4 thousand revs, meaning it goes sloppy and makes for poor handeling.

the guy whos serviced my bike and dynod it has recomended a dynojet kit. do i really need ti though? will it solve the issue?

cheers

david

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

R6's don't get going until 4000rpm anyway, so to be honest your unlikely to notice much performance difference, all though it could smooth out the throttle responce a bit, however if you lean it out the engine will run hotter and maybe this isn't a good thing at lower revs.

my problem is my bike runs too rich between 2 and 4 thousand revs, meaning it goes sloppy and makes for poor handeling.

the guy whos serviced my bike and dynod it has recomended a dynojet kit. do i really need ti though? will it solve the issue?

cheers

david

It's not on cam at those revs so that is why its a little bit rich. There would be no pick-up if it was weakened off. I suppose that you exup valve is working, or is it a Honda.

R6's don't get going until 4000rpm anyway, so to be honest your unlikely to notice much performance difference, all though it could smooth out the throttle responce a bit, however if you lean it out the engine will run hotter and maybe this isn't a good thing at lower revs.

the only reason im considering it, is because its so bad that the bike stalls on me at junctions, or when i try to control it at low speeds. i give it some revs and it kicks in two heartbeats later and spins off like a rocket.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online