Newbie........Just taken the plunge!! ****PICS of Limited Edtion R6****

R46
This post is 5722 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I'll tell you a little about me, then I will tell you about my bike!

I am 29yo guy who lives just outside of Cambridge, I work for Quy Mill hotel as there sports and events manager. Have been into bikes all my life, especially the Yamaha's!

This is due to my uncle owning a Yamaha dealers in Cambridge, some of you may know it and my uncle. Graham Jenkins Motorcycles on Cromwell road.....anyone??!!

Anyway, I had the obligatory 50cc at 16 (Brand new Derbi Senda), at 17 I had the Honda Superdream?? 125cc then sold that and bought myself a Cagiva Mito Evolution II. Wow, what a nippy little bugger when tweaked :D I kept the Mito for 2 years then ended up selling it to buy my 1st car 19 after my mum bought me driving lessons and my test for my birthday!...........2 words ********* DAS Mother******** :rolleyes: lol

Anyway, I got too comfortable in my cars and never ventured back to the biking world until last weekend :D

I am still to do my test and am booked in for my CBT on the 26th Oct with my 3 day DAS starting 5th/6th & the test is on the 7th November

Now onto my bike...........the criteria was:

I wanted 600cc's

Sports

Ideally Yam

Different (I always like to be a bit different to everyone else)

Newer then 2003

£4500 Max

The choices were:

Yamaha R6 (Obviously)

Honda CBR600RR

GSXR600

Kawazaki ZX636

Ducati 748 (Put off by extortinate running costs but a dream bike that I will own one day)

Trawling the web for a couple of days, then I come across Webbs Yamaha in Eye (Peterborough) who just so happened to have everything bar the Duke.

Off I toddle with the cash in the bank.

We get there and infront of my are all 4 bikes lined up next to each other!

1st up was the Kwak 636 (03 plate, 6000miles, met blue and £3800) - Immediate impressions was that its one ugly mofo from the front and the tank is really pointed and was a pain in the crown jewels.

2nd bike was the CBR600RR (05 plate, 4000miles, red and £4400) - These are big bikes, i'm fairly small and it felt like I was being swallowed up by the fatness of the bike, I felt i'd look an idiot riding it

3rd and what happened to be the final bike (what Gixxer lol) was something which ticked everybox bar the £4500 max :D

Oh, and i now definately believe in love at 1st sight.

2007 (Very late registered 2005 shape) Yamaha R46 Rossi Limited Edition No 907

1100 Miles from new

2 Owners

Manufacturers warranty until may 2009

100% completely factory original bar the oil and filter change at 1st service

Minter then a mint thing

£4900

After a bit of haggling I got the bike for £4600 and the dealer stuck a full years tax on it for me (£48) so in theory I paid £4552 cash

The deal was wrapped up in 10 mins from 1st setting eyes on the bike, like I said, I didnt even give the Gixxer a look over.

As I was walking out the shop the sales man (Chris Davies..very nice chap) came running over me and said did I want it delievered with baffles in our out...............OUT please :bad-boy:

Bike was delievered Thursday morning and immediately the heavens opened and the bike has not come out the garage since, I will hopefully be able to get her out of the garage and give her a polish and apply some Zymol wax to the panels and wheels over the weekend and will take some better pics, until now you will have to make do with these ones :D

untitled.jpg

untitled1.jpg

untitled2.jpg

untitled3.jpg

untitled4.jpg

untitled5.jpg

30082008194.jpg

I hope to hang around for a while and will no doubt have plenty of questions for you over the coming months

For those that dont know about the limited edition R46 take a look at the differences and spec here Clicky for R46 Data

Any questions, feel free to ask away

Cya

Erran aka R46

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
Guest Exupnutta

Hello and :welcome: Erran,

Love the bike ... Awesome :D

Nice write up too :)

Good luck with your test fella ... don't do it on your bike though, I think the examiner might get the wrong idea about your intentions once you pass :lol:

You said any questions... Since you haven't passed your test yet, can I ride it till you pass? ;)

Olli

Look snice - but im not a fan of the R6 at all.

I reckon out of that lot you should have gone for the CBR - no one looks an idiot on a bike. Im 5ft 1 and my previous bike was a CBR600. I tried the GSXR and i tried the R6 - the CBR won hands down in all the test rides.

I think you would have been better off test riding these bikes first after you've passed your test before going out and just buying one because it looks nice - I did that years ago - and i regretted it as soon as i took the fookin thing out.

i do hope you are comfortable on it though - just remember though - its a powerful bike, so take your time getting used to it. ;)

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online