o-ring chain, to lube or not to lube

G-man
This post is 5688 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

guypiss.gif

Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.

-Euripides

I rest my case.

Events will take their course, it is no good of being angry at them; he is happiest who wisely turns them to the best account.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Accept it Gene, youre WRONG, by popular opinion.

Hmm, appears to be. That's ok though, I'm American...we tend to think outside the box without paying much attention to draw-by-numbers naysayers, no matter how big of a circle they sit in to wanky wank-wank. That's how we progressed as a nation and became a super-power.

Say, speaking of which, are you boys a good example of a brit? I've decided to expand my research from just chains and sprockets to include how the US passed England up in a mere hundred years. You lads make wonderful test subjects, lolz. :crylaugh:

Austin_Powers.jpg

"Dubble-you dee fohhhty? Are you maaaaahd?"

Hmm, appears to be. That's ok though, I'm American...we tend to think outside the box without paying much attention to draw-by-numbers naysayers, no matter how big of a circle they sit in to wanky wank-wank. That's how we progressed as a nation and became a super-power.

Say, speaking of which, are you boys a good example of a brit? I've decided to expand my research from just chains and sprockets to include how the US passed England up in a mere hundred years. You lads make wonderful test subjects, lolz. :crylaugh:

Austin_Powers.jpg

Lolz..paranoid...

I'm

all fucked up and in need of replacement

;)

Yes, I know that Coz...

I toss her up on the lift once every few rides to give her a quick going over with the nefarious WD-40 and a roll of paper towels, and wipe essentially everything down with it,

coz

Ok, I'm glad we all agree. *smug grin*

Hmm, appears to be. That's ok though, I'm paying much attention to wanky wank-wank. :crylaugh:

Austin_Powers.jpg

Gene, You say the funniest things lol, Your words not mine, :thumb::yeah: :tongue:

*yawn* That was pretty lame, Oldbikeman.

Don't worry though, I'm sure your pals here will pee their panties with laughter.

special_olympics.jpg

Its fucksticks like you who give us Americans a bad name, If you just stuck to your facts, your argument would have been stronger, you have undermined all of your `hard` work by being a self-deluding idiot. Gman, enjoy your bike like everybody else, there is no need to slander and make childish quirps about other people, wether they be from here or over the pond.

Haha, not half as lame as (Down Arrow)

Don't worry though, I'm sure your pals here will pee their panties with laughter.

special_olympics.jpg

Me too Gene ;)

Per Oldgitonabike's profile, local time: 11:15 pm.

Per "Chicago"XS's profile, local time, 11:15 pm.

It's 5:15pm in my part of Chicago, so I guess ChicagoXS is on the east side of town. :crylaugh:

No shit Sherlock!!

Hey, Youre not as stupid as your posts :lol:

Took you long enough though...Doh!!!

Ha, finally something funny from you!

But naw, oldgirlonabike, you know you like to take it dry. ;)

Well weve had funny from you Aaalll night long lol, Thanks I must say its been a hoot, Glad you turned up. :lol::lol::eusa_clap::rofl:

See the thing is we can laugh at ourselves, You should learn to laugh at yourself too...like We all do. :lol:

I'm inclined to trust my experience in the Motor trade / engineering for over 16 years. ;)

As Chris said, the type of rubber is important. If you use parafin (kerosene) on engine or gearbox o-rings, THEY WILL SWELL UP!

Umm parafin is a wax not an oil. It's often used to seal homemade jam and such. It's also used as hand and foot soak. When used for a chain (traditional not o-ring) it's often used with motor oil and of course hot. Maybe you refer to kerosene as parafin on your side of the pond? I have never heard that use on this side myself.

Umm parafin is a wax not an oil. It's often used to seal homemade jam and such. It's also used as hand and foot soak. When used for a chain (traditional not o-ring) it's often used with motor oil and of course hot. Maybe you refer to kerosene as parafin on your side of the pond? I have never heard that use on this side myself.

Thats right Cy, Just differences in language, Its paraffin our side and kerosene yours :thumb:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online