Test

Kirk47
This post is 5726 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I am new here and was just wondering if a sixteen year old can pass a CBT test but wait until he is seventeen and then purchase a 125cc bike without having to retake the CBT test again?

Also, after passing the CBT test, is a full license presented or an updated provisional license?

Kirk47

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I am new here and was just wondering if a sixteen year old can pass a CBT test but wait until he is seventeen and then purchase a 125cc bike without having to retake the CBT test again?

Also, after passing the CBT test, is a full license presented or an updated provisional license?

Kirk47

You can pass a cbt at 16 for 50cc's but you will have to do another cbt in 2 years. The CBT only allows you to ride with 'L' plates on max 125cc at 17 years of age & upwards, you have to pass the theory test & 2nd part test to obtain a full licence.

You can pass a cbt at 16 for 50cc's but you will have to do another cbt in 2 years. The CBT only allows you to ride with 'L' plates on max 125cc at 17 years of age & upwards, you have to pass the theory test & 2nd part test to obtain a full licence.

So will I be able to take a CBT now at sixteen and then at seventeen hop straight onto a 125cc bike without any consequences? I understand that I will only have CBT papers for two years and I will be wanting to take the 'proper' test within those two years to obtain a full license etc

Kirk47

I'll be riding a TW125 when I’m seventeen.

I only want to take my CBT test and the final test now because there is a new set of rules coming in for the 'final' test (correct me if I’m wrong) and I am guessing that the new test is going to be harder etc. So I thought that I would get in before the change :)

Kirk47

Guest FZ6 GEOFF S2

I'll be riding a TW125 when I’m seventeen.

I only want to take my CBT test and the final test now because there is a new set of rules coming in for the 'final' test (correct me if I’m wrong) and I am guessing that the new test is going to be harder etc. So I thought that I would get in before the change :)

Kirk47

So when are you 17? The new test changes in at the end of september plus you will have no chance in getting a test in b4 then

Guest FZ6 GEOFF S2

I won't be seventeen by September and does anyone know if this new test will be harder than the current one?

Kirk47

it will be longer and it depends on the person and what training you get if it will be harder. When i did my Test it was easy. But when I did my IAM it was hard.

it will be longer and it depends on the person and what training you get if it will be harder. When i did my Test it was easy. But when I did my IAM it was hard.

I passed my DA last year but im now 3/4 through my IAM and yes that is a head F**k

But it is worth it so anybody thinking of doing please do it will save your life

can i just say, the CBT is not a test, it is a competency evaluation - treat it like a training session and you are moe likely to acheive the levels of skill at your first attempt, and be certified to ride away!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online