Insurance for a brand new 58 plate TZR 50

yamaha_newbe
This post is 5726 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi,

I've found a brand new Yamaha TZR 50, the cheapest insurance was off a motorbike comparison website. I was quoted £350 third party fire and theft and I wondered if anyone knew where I could get it any cheaper?

Any help would be appreciated.

;)

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
Guest FZ6 GEOFF S2

Hi,

I've found a brand new Yamaha TZR 50, the cheapest insurance was off a motorbike comparison website. I was quoted £350 third party fire and theft and I wondered if anyone knew where I could get it any cheaper?

Any help would be appreciated.

;)

How old are you? Full liscence or CBT?

Hi,

Sorry, I should have mentioned it. I'm 16 and about to do my CBT.

Thanks.

Im in the same boat as you mate. Im looking for new tzr 50's and i have 2400 quid to play with. I too have found somewhere local where i can get a tzr (for 2000). But my mom is talking cr*p about someone else should suffer the depreciation and not me. I need some pursuasive comments guys why i should get a new 1! Just out of interest where did you find that do new ones??? . Oh and i try confused.com for all my family when they do their insurance. Try it :P

Alex

Im in the same boat as you mate. Im looking for new tzr 50's and i have 2400 quid to play with. I too have found somewhere local where i can get a tzr (for 2000). But my mom is talking cr*p about someone else should suffer the depreciation and not me. I need some pursuasive comments guys why i should get a new 1! Just out of interest where did you find that do new ones??? . Oh and i try confused.com for all my family when they do their insurance. Try it :P

Alex

Hi mate, I just replied to your thread- check it out. Your Mum is right, you'll probably get £1,500 if you kept it mint. I'm getting a new one for various reasons but thats for me to know.. As I said on your thread, nobody knows your financial situation so if you can afford the bike, and proper gear and the depreciation; go for it. You may get a second hand bike and have to do a engine rebuild or what ever, but you may just be constantly paying money to get it road worthy. My friend got one second hand, the guy he bought it from blatently thrashed the shit out of it- he's lucky because he hasn't had any problems, yet.

Anyway, I wasn't going to disclose where I got mine from because I thought they'd all run out :D Nah only joking but I've put a deposit on one so it's mine.. I got it from the 'Bikeshop' in Long Eaton, Nottingham. Gear4bikers.co.uk

£350 tpf&t is the cheapest I've found so far.

Hi mate, I just replied to your thread- check it out. Your Mum is right, you'll probably get £1,500 if you kept it mint. I'm getting a new one for various reasons but thats for me to know.. As I said on your thread, nobody knows your financial situation so if you can afford the bike, and proper gear and the depreciation; go for it. You may get a second hand bike and have to do a engine rebuild or what ever, but you may just be constantly paying money to get it road worthy. My friend got one second hand, the guy he bought it from blatently thrashed the shit out of it- he's lucky because he hasn't had any problems, yet.

Anyway, I wasn't going to disclose where I got mine from because I thought they'd all run out :D Nah only joking but I've put a deposit on one so it's mine.. I got it from the 'Bikeshop' in Long Eaton, Nottingham. Gear4bikers.co.uk

its not hard thrashing the shit out of a 50!

Thats the only place i have found that do them! Do you know if they have many in stock. Im feelin a blue one not the red. i emailed them last week and have i had a reply. No lol. Once i sell my car i will be on the phone straight away :rolleyes:

Cheers mate:)

Thats the only place i have found that do them! Do you know if they have many in stock. Im feelin a blue one not the red. i emailed them last week and have i had a reply. No lol. Once i sell my car i will be on the phone straight away :rolleyes:

Cheers mate:)

No worries. Just ring them up man! They ordered quite a few reds and they are all sold out. There is a blue one left I think but either way he's ordering more in.

Are you from Nottingham?

No worries. Just ring them up man! They ordered quite a few reds and they are all sold out. There is a blue one left I think but either way he's ordering more in.

Are you from Nottingham?

Nope im from wolverhampton, which is close to gear4bikers in stoke, but when i went onto the website it says the actual dealer is in nottingham! Its only an hour away from where i live. But your sure hes ordering more blues in? because on his autotrader he says theres limited stock, or is that just an advertising technique :mellow:

Nope im from wolverhampton, which is close to gear4bikers in stoke, but when i went onto the website it says the actual dealer is in nottingham! Its only an hour away from where i live. But your sure hes ordering more blues in? because on his autotrader he says theres limited stock, or is that just an advertising technique :mellow:

Yeah, limited stock from his first order/batch.

Have you called him yet? They are open on Sundays.

Sweeeeeeet! I wonder if he can deliver to their other shop in stoke for a small fee lol. Il ring them on friday then!

Thanks m8

Yeah, they do deliver mate. I live around 20 minutes away and they offered delivery for £23 including VAT! Beware, they charge a 2% fee if you pay via Master Card or some card like that because they make so little profit anyway. They'll need you to go in store to sign registration forms etc.

They will put it on either an 08 or 58 plate!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online