New member and new rider.

Nosehair
This post is 5700 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Howdy Folks.

I thought I would stop by and say hello as a new rider.

I took my CBT last week and picked my first bike.

I started looking at a YBR125 to use as a local bob about machine but I ended up with a XT125R.

What a cracking little bike it is. Riding it is like being on my mountain bike with an engine and even at 18 stone it pulls away fast enough to keep up with the traffic.

I have only done 60 miles so far because I have been dying with man flue but I am looking forward to being able to get out after work next week and not spend hours sitting in a Transit van stuck in the city traffic.

• 2 weeks later...
Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi and welcome to the wonderful world of biking! I did my first cbt nearly 6yrs ago and wondered why the hell i didn't do it sooner! just a pain in the ass you have to retake it every 2 yrs ( all the biker pros will be cringing coz i havent done my full test lol) ;)

• 4 weeks later...

Howdy Folks.

I started looking at a YBR125 to use as a local bob about machine but I ended up with a XT125R.

A great start to biking - one day you'll grow into a nice XT660, and you'll have reached the pinnacle of the biking world. You'll be able to go anywhere you so desire.

all the biker pros will be cringing coz i havent done my full test lol

Each to thier own I say. Shame you haven't gone for it though, there really aren't enough girlies riding bigger bikes. There's one or two 'up north' and I love to see the looks on the sportsbike guys when they get passed by a girl, it's just brilliant. Doesn't bother me, I get passed by all sorts when I'm on the road - but get me dirty and that's another matter all together :yay::hyper:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online