Yamaha DTR 125

derryk
This post is 5741 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi, im being a total noob, but can somone give me step by step instructions as to how i go about it too how much oil i put in, i know the sump has to come off, do i flushed new oil thru and then refill, but how much.....

kind regards,

Derry :rolleyes:

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

YOU DONT TAKE THE SUMP OFF LOL

just unscrew the sump plug and let it all drain out and after its all come out then screw it back in

same with the oil filter

it will say on your engine casing how much oil you need to use.

easy.

YOU DONT TAKE THE SUMP OFF LOL

just unscrew the sump plug and let it all drain out and after its all come out then screw it back in

same with the oil filter

it will say on your engine casing how much oil you need to use.

easy.

fanx, btw wheres the oil filter, can i ask another nub queston, i've been putting in the 2 stroke in the white plastic fingy, should i also mix 2stroke in the petrol tank as well, excuse the niavity :rolleyes:

Guest FZ6 GEOFF S2

fanx, btw wheres the oil filter, can i ask another nub queston, i've been putting in the 2 stroke in the white plastic fingy, should i also mix 2stroke in the petrol tank as well, excuse the niavity :rolleyes:

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

oooooooooooo

unless the oil pump is broke i wouldnd mix it with the petrol aswell lol - the oil filter is towards the front of the engine id imagine on them.

i dont think its imperitave that you remove this when changing the oil anyway - not unless ur putting a new filter on.

just letting it all leak out of the sump should do the trick.

it just that the bike is new and only done 500 miles and i was told u need to change it for the 1st time, or is that wrong, the bike is registered 2008, its 3 years old and has sat in storage for being transferred to the states, but that fell thru.

cheers,

derry

regardless of how long its been in storeage and how many miles its done - if its been sitting for a long time and you dont really know the history of it then id change the oil to be safe - just dont buy the wrong stuff or it will blow up lol..

regardless of how long its been in storeage and how many miles its done - if its been sitting for a long time and you dont really know the history of it then id change the oil to be safe - just dont buy the wrong stuff or it will blow up lol..

thanks martin ure a star :D

Unless i'm mistaken, its a two stroke engine and the oil you are changing is only used in the gearbox and clutch. There will be no oil filter fitted as these are only on four stroke engines.

There will either be a dipstick at the filling point or a sight glass on the side of the engine case with high and low level markers on it.

Because your bike has no centre stand you will need to hold it up straight when checking the oil level.

If it is a dipstick, you generally dont screw it down to test the level.

Havent you got the manual? It may show you in there!

haha, this thread makes for a good read...

Welcome to biking Derryk, May I offer one piece of advice - Buy a Haynes manual for your bike - Having a read through one really helped me when I got my first bike, it'll tell you all the basics you need to know...

The Tech Books are useful too...

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online