YZF thundercat 600 question!

thundercat6000
This post is 5745 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi!

I bought a thundercat 600 not to long ago and notice that when i get stuck in slow moving traffic (for no longer than 5 minutes) the heat creaps up really quickly and eventually 5 minutes later the temperature of the bike is just over 100*C then the fan kicks in and cools it back down.

Is it normal for a bike to heat up that quick?? (Its my first big bike so im unsure!)

My uncle had a fazer and he said his fan only ever came on once when he was in the middle of france in the middle of summer stuck in traffic but that is the only time, so i feel that the maybe a problem with my radiator (blockage etc).

ALSO!!!!

Does anyone know of any riding groups in Trafford/Manchester?

Cheers!!

shaun

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Some bikes with arings suffer more than others and what you describe is not uncommon once you have been out for a while. (the fans on my R1 kick in quite regularly round town, but my `blade hardly ever does.) Your fans are kicking in at the correct point (about 100c)

If everything is working ok, it is probably nothing to get unduly worried about, however if you want to be sure, treat the bike to a thorough service and flush the cooling system and recharge with a 50% mix of good quality antifreeze / summer coolant.

Change the oil and filter aswell, as old sludgy oil will not be helping matters.

If the temperature drops to a normal 80c ish when you are on a run, and you are not loosing any fluids along he way, you havn`t got much to worry about, (I dont think).

• Who's Online (See full list)