SR125 Battery not charging

Spindles
This post is 5747 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi All,

Hopefully someone can help because this has been driving me nuts.

I have a 1998 SR125 and ever since I bought it second hand a couple of months ago I've had intermittent problems where it won't start.

I've bought a trickle charger and charged the battery both in and out of the bike. What seems to be happening is that the battery is not getting charged when I'm riding so eventually the battery just gets drained from using the lights and the ignition and then won't start and I have to charge the battery again.

Any ideas?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi there,

assuming your battery is good then it can only be one of two things either your regulator/rectifier has had it or your generator is not working ? If you have access to a multimeter then connect it across your battery terminals start up your bike an see what reading it gives you , if when your bike is running and you rev it the voltage goes up but not over 14.6 volts then everthing should be fine,if it does not rise then chances are that your generator has had it ! If you havn't got access to a multimeter then start your bike up put the lights on and rev it, if the lights dont get brighter then your generator is most likely to have gone, usually if the regulator / rectifier has gone then it will over charge and blow bulbs ?

Hope this helps

Regards

Bill

• Who's Online (See full list)