HELP!!! 2000 R6 spluttering!!!

workers85
This post is 5740 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Been out on my 2000 R6 earlier today, all was well untill i started giving it some grief then it just lost power and was spluttering sounding like a twin and cutting out when i was stopped i also noticed that the temp was lower than usual..... i stopped the bike left for a bit then when i got back on it was okay then just kept happening every now and then!!! Does anyone have a clue what it could be?? It seems like plugs so will try that tomorrow!! Any help would be much appreciated!!

Paul

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

My guess is a plug or two have died (if not firing, there is no detination, so less heat), or a coil or two have expired. Former is a pain to change, the latter is much much easier.

Either way, its nothing serious. I doubt it anyway.

either your plugs are fouled or have given up , possibly your fuel is gone off . i'd go over your electricals & fueling , if nothing else get it checked out by a motorcycle mechanic ..

Been out on my 2000 R6 earlier today, all was well untill i started giving it some grief then it just lost power and was spluttering sounding like a twin and cutting out when i was stopped i also noticed that the temp was lower than usual..... i stopped the bike left for a bit then when i got back on it was okay then just kept happening every now and then!!! Does anyone have a clue what it could be?? It seems like plugs so will try that tomorrow!! Any help would be much appreciated!!

Paul

I would also check the coolant level when cold. It could be a head gasket.

just had the bike apart and noticed that the fuel line after the inline filter had a big kink in it!! Changed the pipe now and it seems ok gonna take it for a blast when the weather clears up and see if its cured!!