Thinking of a Fazer 1000 - help please....

jamesmorgan
This post is 5706 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi - well after ditching my R1 because I finally had to admit is was just too uncomfortable to ride in town for more than around 20 minutes (I live in London) - I got me a Fazer 600 (08 version) - which is a very nice bike but has a few key things I dont like - mainly how tricky it is to ride smoothly off from the start and clunky gearbox from first to second but mainly - NOT ENOUGH POWER - maybe I was spoilt with the R1...

So I had a test drive on an 06 Fazer and liked it.

My question is - is the 07 or 08 fazer significantly better in any way because some people seem to say it is - but if I go for an 06 version I will of course save a bundle.

Any help appreciated.

James.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi - well after ditching my R1 because I finally had to admit is was just too uncomfortable to ride in town for more than around 20 minutes (I live in London) - I got me a Fazer 600 (08 version) - which is a very nice bike but has a few key things I dont like - mainly how tricky it is to ride smoothly off from the start and clunky gearbox from first to second but mainly - NOT ENOUGH POWER - maybe I was spoilt with the R1...

My question is - is the 07 or 08 fazer significantly better in any way because some people seem to say it is - but if I go for an 06 version I will of course save a bundle.

Any help appreciated.

James.

I mean I took a test ride on an 06 Fazer 1000 in case there is any confusion - sorry. Its the 1000cc Fazers I am looking at now.

compared to a r1 the power is going to be alot less on a fazer

1000cc fazer is going to have more power than the 600 fazer, but it will be heavier, you no all that

i would recomend taking one for a test ride like you have done, and see how comfortable you are with it, and it gives you what you want

go the FZ1 , the extra grunt & power will be appreciated in the long term ..

I Agree definatly go the FZ1 they are a wicked bike had one on loan for a little while and what a fun bike to ride and not all that heavy either

Do The Decent Thing lol

go the FZ1 , the extra grunt & power will be appreciated in the long term ..

Thanks - what I am wondering though is whether the new 08 Fazer is any much better than the 07 or 06 - does anybody know this kind of detail - I can only find road tests on the 06 models and am wondering if the 08 or 07 are appreciably different....

Anybody got any ideas very welcome.

Thanks.

James.

Hi i have just bought a new 08 FZ1 NA take one on a test drive and you will wonder why you have not owned on before!

Power, Grunt, Style, Simply its got the lot.

Happy test riding.

Rich :)

Hi i have just bought a new 08 FZ1 NA take one on a test drive and you will wonder why you have not owned on before!

Power, Grunt, Style, Simply its got the lot.

Happy test riding.

Rich :)

OK thanks Rich.

Thanks - what I am wondering though is whether the new 08 Fazer is any much better than the 07 or 06 - does anybody know this kind of detail - I can only find road tests on the 06 models and am wondering if the 08 or 07 are appreciably different....

Anybody got any ideas very welcome.

Thanks.

James.

the fuelling map of the 08 model FZ1 , has been totally sorted . otherwise theres not a great deal of difference , from the prvious models ..

Any help appreciated.

James.

if you decide on the 06 version make sure that it has a power commander or such like fitted due to the poor fueling problem between 4-5 rpm.the later bikes had different engine e.c.u fitted that smoothed it out,but they are about 10 b.h.p down on the eary ones

• 2 weeks later...

helo james,

i have owned my fazer thou which is an 01 model [done 9000 miles]since Easter and absolutly love it!!

the clunky 1st -2nd gear change is a standard option as far as i know but you get used to it.

around town it is fairly nimble and has shed loads of grunt.it is also real comfy on a run.

all mine has had tweeked is a K & N and Dyno jet kit fitted.had a Dyno run done and it is chucking out just over 130 bhp at thhe wheel.

BUY AN OLD ONE!

hope this helps

Marcus

Any help appreciated.

James.

• 2 weeks later...

helo james,

i have owned my fazer thou which is an 01 model [done 9000 miles]since Easter and absolutly love it!!

the clunky 1st -2nd gear change is a standard option as far as i know but you get used to it.

around town it is fairly nimble and has shed loads of grunt.it is also real comfy on a run.

all mine has had tweeked is a K & N and Dyno jet kit fitted.had a Dyno run done and it is chucking out just over 130 bhp at thhe wheel.

BUY AN OLD ONE!

hope this helps

Marcus

It's already been said, but the only real difference is in the fuelling. If you buy on 06 make sure it has a power commander.