TRX 850 carbs

bodgley
This post is 5757 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

The emulsion tubes on of my carbs are so badlly worn that you can see it with the naked eye. It has been fitted with dynojet needles and these may or may not be worn, so I am replacing the lot with standard main jets and needles. Does anyone know what position the E-clip should be on standard needles? The Haynes manual states that you should note the position of the clip before taking it to bits, which is not very helpful.

In case anyone else needs carb spares NRP are so much cheaper than Mr Yamaha.

Regards Mark.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

The emulsion tubes on of my carbs are so badlly worn that you can see it with the naked eye. It has been fitted with dynojet needles and these may or may not be worn, so I am replacing the lot with standard main jets and needles. Does anyone know what position the E-clip should be on standard needles? The Haynes manual states that you should note the position of the clip before taking it to bits, which is not very helpful.

In case anyone else needs carb spares NRP are so much cheaper than Mr Yamaha.

Regards Mark.

use 'Factory Pro' needles which will outlast the stock yam needles by a helluva lot.

Factory Pro needles sound like a good idea, but I have already bought some standard needles.

Thanks for your advice,

Mark.