i know nobody will reply but

jonbott
This post is 5693 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

A big 'Kiss My Arse, Matey' to ya on that one, as I do ride in the rain, wind, snow, sun and whatever else happens to be upon us on the day. I ride pretty much every day, certainly every weekday and wouldn't do otherwise.

I do not understand.

Why did you put a slick of shit on the road?

Working on a farm at the time been shit spreading and some had slopped out over the side of the thing

End of the day, tyres are not so über important that you need to understand them like a scientist does before even walking into a tyre shop........ But neither should you just pick the cheapest, as you'll get what you pay for.

Check the manual, check what other owners have used and make an informed decision.

Also try asking the guys who've been fitting the things for 15 years - They'll likely know a thing or two!!

You do not need to be a scientific tyre expert unless you are designing a 250mph race bike!!!

You DO need to take it easy for the first 100 or so miles while the tyre gets worn in a bit.

Ok yes you need to ride according to your tyres, but having to brake on a wet bend is not the time to find out you made the wrong choice buying the diyung ditchfinders, i know after having a new Rd250 in the seventies and it was fitted with early yokhama or bridgestone tyres which turned wet roads into a nightmare, things have improved a lot since

merv

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

all hail King Merv, the courier King!!! :princess:

Couriering Crabs 11 tons at a time around europe in a 44 ton artic fitted with a mixture of michelin (useless in wet on the drive axle) bridgestone, yokohama, and a kumho, doing approx 3000 km,s a week

merv

• 4 weeks later...

There are lots of tyres to choose from ,just get one that is good in both wet and dry conditions. If you want to go extremely fast book a track day.

If people choose or must ride in wet conditions try not to dig at those of us who like to ride dry. I myself have ridden in all conditions because I was younger and had no choice but now ,older and wiser I use the car and the bike is my toy. I get NO enjoyment out of riding in the bad weather and have nothing to prove to anyone so take care in whatever weather

K

Couriering Crabs 11 tons at a time around europe in a 44 ton artic fitted with a mixture of michelin (useless in wet on the drive axle) bridgestone, yokohama, and a kumho, doing approx 3000 km,s a week

merv

When I was on the road tramping we had Michelins on the horse as chief mech refused to use other rubber especially bridgestone (racing car tyres)

If people choose or must ride in wet conditions try not to dig at those of us who like to ride dry. I myself have ridden in all conditions because I was younger and had no choice but now ,older and wiser I use the car and the bike is my toy. I get NO enjoyment out of riding in the bad weather and have nothing to prove to anyone so take care in whatever weather

Aw, ya gotta have a dig!!!!

Same as I'm a posey pretentious tosser on my Cruiser, people with 'proper' bikes are speed-crazed loony Power Rangers, Tourers are all old men etc etc.....

I still do OK in bad weather. I just sing loudly to lighten my spirits.

NO-ONE enjoys getting freezing cold in the wetness that slowly seeps through your clothing to chill your bits.... unless they need medical attention, of course :-D

But we rip the piss all the same.

There's always someone harder/faster/richer/whatever-er than you. Just let them fuck off and get on with it, leaving you to enjoy your ride.

Incidentally - For those who are mad enough to join me in riding through all weathers......

"Any fuckwitt can rough it. A good rider will make themselves comfortable under any conditions"!!!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online