yzf r125

ringadingding
This post is 5782 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi guys had my first service done on my yzf r125 and has come out not doing more than 70mph, before it was doing 78 mph, so i dont know what is wrong with it nor does the dealership that i bought it from, and to be honest i'm pissed off with it and may tell them they can have it back cos it aint upto the specs it should be, any ideas guys cos its really not worth riding at all at this speed.

pleaseeeeeeeeee help someone

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

hi guys had my first service done on my yzf r125 and has come out not doing more than 70mph, before it was doing 78 mph, so i dont know what is wrong with it nor does the dealership that i bought it from, and to be honest i'm pissed off with it and may tell them they can have it back cos it aint upto the specs it should be, any ideas guys cos its really not worth riding at all at this speed.

pleaseeeeeeeeee help someone

be carefull wot u say at your dealership, all new bikes need "running in" they should have explaind this

be carefull wot u say at your dealership, all new bikes need "running in" they should have explaind this

yea i know this but everyone i spoke too that have turned up at the dealership has had more speed than i have, ok jokes accepted for saying i'm fat, but i aint that only weigh 12 stone 8 so not the biggest of people, but why would it be slower when it came out just cant get my head around it

yea i know this but everyone i spoke too that have turned up at the dealership has had more speed than i have, ok jokes accepted for saying i'm fat, but i aint that only weigh 12 stone 8 so not the biggest of people, but why would it be slower when it came out just cant get my head around it

Make sure that whoever serviced your bike used the correct standard of parts, for instance if they have replaced your standard air filter with an inferior make then this may cause a loss of power and therfore speed.

Adam

Make sure that whoever serviced your bike used the correct standard of parts, for instance if they have replaced your standard air filter with an inferior make then this may cause a loss of power and therfore speed.

Adam

they only did oil and filter change (so they said)

what so only oil, oil filter and air filter? Acheap air filter could be the casue of your problem

Adam

on the invoice it says oil and oil filter only but need to strip airbox out sometime to see

dealership told me they dont have an oil filter and thats why it needs first oil change at 600 miles

seems a bit strange not having an oil filter, but ask a bike tuner about it and they said check your oil level as this is sometimes a problem, so i did check it and found it was well over the max mark, well to be honest it was flowing out when bike was upright from the casing of engine, so i drained some out mad bit of difference but not that much.

So in all be warned your bike will be slower when out of first service.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online