my '80 xs 400 frankenbike

papes
This post is 5789 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

So, heres a few pics of my 80 xs 400, its been all kinds of different bikes in its time....started out as a street legal plain jane bike, got turned into an ice bike, and then a flat tracker, and finally its all blacked out and street legal again...

80yami.jpg

HPIM0624.jpg

HPIM0627.jpg

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Very nice! I've seen a few XS400 and XS650 choppers that look awesome and didn't take a lot of time and $$$ to get the cutsom look. How loud is the pipe?

love the flat tracker version, what tank is it?

and yeah those pipe are way cool

road rascal: The pipes are home made and in combination with the super trap it is insanely loud! Im honestly suprised that I havent gotten a noise ordinance violation with it! Its too much fun... :D

drewpy: I honestly couldnt tell you what kind of tank that is, I found it in the back of one of my friends garages and slapped it on... I still have the seat pan, tank and bars for the flat/street tracker setup, I just wanted to try something a little different.

I also have the factory mag wheels that I plan on refinishing and putting some sport tires on, right now she has 19in. honda wheels and brakes, and with the Pirellies its not to nimble of a bike...

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online