Tyre pressure loss

rikernumber1
This post is 5784 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi,

Both my tyres lose about 6lb pressure per week (from 26/28 front/rear respectively to about 21/22 lp per square inch). I can't remember whethere this is normal - maybe I just pay more attention to these things now I'm older.

Anyway, tyres themselves seem fine and quite new. Any advice?

cheers

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi,

Both my tyres lose about 6lb pressure per week (from 26/28 front/rear respectively to about 21/22 lp per square inch). I can't remember whethere this is normal - maybe I just pay more attention to these things now I'm older.

cheers

Sounds fair enough..depending on how you ride and where you keep your bike (warm or cold places) I use my bike pretty much everyday, the tyres lose around 1/2 lb a week and shes kept indoors.

Your doing the right thing by checking them regularly. If the tyres are ok, ie no splits or cracks throughout the tyre and tyrewalls, they should be fine.

If a bike isnt used for a day or two, pressure can be lost just purley because of the atmospheric (ooohh posh) pressure. Just keep a check on them. Maybe a loose valve, but on both tyres...unlikely....See what other peeps say as well.

Hi,

cheers

Dont know the model but if its got alloy wheels it could be paint flaking and corrosion on the inside of the rim where the bead sits, next time you have a tyre change you should check these surfaces out, a bit of rubbing down and painting may be required, if you loay your bike up for winter, might be an idea to do it then.

Thanks for the advice. Bike is kept outside, under a cover, and can go several days between use. I may be doing quite a bit of work over the winter - currently using a bit of oil as well (about 500ml per 100 miles), so there are a few jobs starting to line up!

cheers.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online