is it worth it?

xcelr8
This post is 5794 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

ive got a fzr400 genasis its been standing for 2 years and i was wondering if i should restore it?

If you've got the time and inclination - go for it.

IMO - any bike that's past it's best, and then lovingly restored developes a whole new soul, no matter what it is. There is a guy down the road who has a mint 50cc step-through. it was a wreck that he brought back to glory (!). I must admit I think it's rather cool in a old-man-flat-cap kinda way :zwinky:

If you've got the time and inclination - go for it.

IMO - any bike that's past it's best, and then lovingly restored developes a whole new soul, no matter what it is. There is a guy down the road who has a mint 50cc step-through. it was a wreck that he brought back to glory (!). I must admit I think it's rather cool in a old-man-flat-cap kinda way :zwinky:

cheers im goin to do it.its got to be done

Good luck with the rebuild m8

I have just done up an 1987 VFR750

it looks great and sound great and runs like a dream.

i have been doing 500 miles a week on it and never misses a beat.

but now i have just bought a 2004 FZ600s for the miles as it will be more comfortable

ive got a fzr400 genasis its been standing for 2 years and i was wondering if i should restore it?

Interesting. I keep looking at my oh-so-tatty '01 TDM. Flaking engine paint, rust spots, cracked fairing, it looks knackered. It's only got about 35000 miles and runs well but it's just sitting in the garage looking sorry for itself. I often think about stripping it down and tarting it up. I even designed a paint scheme for it. However, I know that all I'll ever do is think about it, so.....

Anyone want a 2001 TDM 900 hack for about £600?

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online