Summer Motorbike gloves

Kirkie
This post is 5773 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Can anyone recommend a good pair of summer gloves and were to get them from/

Thanks in advance.

RST blade gloves, available from M&P direct, 3 colours available, £29.99, dont know what theyre like but expect they will be good.

They also do a summer cruiser style glove, Buffalo cruise, £19.99

or buffalo flash, 5 colour combinations, £19.99

god ive found even more, get a catalogue before i bore everybody to sleep :blink:

i think that gloves are a personal thing, which you need to check out yourself due to physical differences in peoples' hands. go to some gear shop and start trying them on.

i have very long fingers and i really have had to work on testing the gloves: gloves with short fingers cut the blood circulation in hands when holding the handlebar for a while. so far i have found some size 12 all-leather 1-layer Probikers for summer and Halvarssons for cold weather.

i think that gloves are a personal thing, which you need to check out yourself due to physical differences in peoples' hands. go to some gear shop and start trying them on.

i have very long fingers and i really have had to work on testing the gloves: gloves with short fingers cut the blood circulation in hands when holding the handlebar for a while. so far i have found some size 12 all-leather 1-layer Probikers for summer and Halvarssons for cold weather.

Thanks for that.

Thanks in advance.

Hi Kirkie,

Ive previously used joe rocket,Hein Gerike & Rst summer gloves, All canny but the HG ones failed me in a crash, just bought some Halvarssons short summer gloves & apparently they are the highest rated for safety-but like another member suggested go to a trustworthy gear shop & try a few pairs on,they vary loads by price/fit/strength etc, happy hunting!

Thanks in advance.

Ps the Halvarssons short gloves were £40 quid.

• 4 weeks later...

On the subject of gloves, and which are the best summer/winter gear, I found that the best for both were unlined racing

gloves,using thermo/woolly stuff underneath in winter,It`s a system I used whilst despatching many moons ago, and I don`t know if it compares to what`s around now.Does anybody, by the way, have any of those old Rivetts unlined gloves with the seams on the outside?What about any old JBW LB50 strap up boots?

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online