Yamaha TRX850 Carb Problem

jasper
This post is 5831 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I have an N-reg Yamaha TRX with a rather bizarre carb problem. Basically I stored it over the winter, had it running in the garage once to charge up the battery, and then on the first ride a few months ago, noticed that at 3/4 throttle, if you opened the throttle to full, the bike died completely. However, rolling back the throttle gently allowed the bike to run ok again.

It was fine before the winter, so what could have changed? It sounds like a main jet issue but it was running fine before I put it away.

Anyone got any ideas or had a similar problem?

Jasper

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I have an N-reg Yamaha TRX with a rather bizarre carb problem. Basically I stored it over the winter, had it running in the garage once to charge up the battery, and then on the first ride a few months ago, noticed that at 3/4 throttle, if you opened the throttle to full, the bike died completely. However, rolling back the throttle gently allowed the bike to run ok again.

It was fine before the winter, so what could have changed? It sounds like a main jet issue but it was running fine before I put it away.

Anyone got any ideas or had a similar problem?

Jasper

It's called a rich cut. The carb is overfuelling so needs a service.

It's called a rich cut. The carb is overfuelling so needs a service.

prolly caused by worn needles and emulsion tubes (a common problem with TRX's, TDM's and XTZ's.)

try www.carpe-tdm.net fer info and pics on how to replace these items. WiCkY

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online