advice please

saintjon
This post is 5834 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi to all

Sorry for my ignorance but i am new to biking & recently purchased a 97 Thundercat. It really rides well but it is very hard to push backwards or forwards. The bike has been used very little in the past two years so i was thinking maybe a brake is sticking a little ( can hear a little rubbing noise when being pushed) It is going in for mot & service next week but i would to get it sorted b4 if poss, as it does make life difficult getting it in & out of garage.

Any suggesttions what the likely cause could be? & could i rectify this myself?

Thanks Guys.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi to all

Sorry for my ignorance but i am new to biking & recently purchased a 97 Thundercat. It really rides well but it is very hard to push backwards or forwards. The bike has been used very little in the past two years so i was thinking maybe a brake is sticking a little ( can hear a little rubbing noise when being pushed) It is going in for mot & service next week but i would to get it sorted b4 if poss, as it does make life difficult getting it in & out of garage.

Thanks Guys.

Hi, why not take it for a ride round the block, then see if any of the brake disks are warm so you know where the problem is.

Hi to all

Thanks Guys.

u could take pads out smeer the back of them with a light coat of copperslip then put them back. this lets them slide easier.

dd coop

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online