What do you think of

Loo-knee
This post is 5831 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Thunderace's?

I have just joined your forum and not sure if this is the right place to post this question...

But it has been too long just over three years since i owner a motorbike, and I am itching to have another.

I have always liked the Thunderace and wondered what you guys actually thought of them.

Cheers

Daz

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

hi daz, as far as the thunderace goes i think you may be better off splashin a bit more and just gettin a R1. you can pick up a gorgeous 1998 model quite cheap nowadays. its basically the same engine ish just more power, less weight and a better chaisis and looks. i got the thundercat but lord knows i wanna r6.

Thunderfat or Chunderace, huh? Frankly, I'm with Alex on this one. An R1 would be a better option, although I'd not get the first model unless you're particularly brave ('tis a might lairy). Yamaha's design was allegedly never really satisfied with either the 600 or 1000 (both a bit too podgy-looking for them), which is why the R6 & R1 came along so quickly to replace them. Look at even the Mk1 versions of the R's against the Thunders an dyou'll see why.

However, there is also the small matter of personal preference. If you like the a Thundercat/ace, take one out for a test and see how you feel afterwards. Do try an R6/R1 as well though, as you may grin with the Thunderace but you'll be cackling like a maniacal goon when you go out on the newer models. In my R6 days, I was ALWAYS laughing out loud on rides - the only bike ever to have done that for me every time I took it out.

ive had a thundercat and it was not a patch on the R6 i bought after the thundercat, and then after nearly a 3 yr no bike period i thought what the hay and bought an 05 under seat exhaust R1 a truly awsome piece of kit

:D:D

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online