Vibration on an 1100 Dragstar

bandit12
This post is 5853 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I've recently bought an 1100 Dragstar. The bike is fine up to about 65 then it starts to vibrate, by the time it reaches 75 its shaking my teeth out. I've had a good look around and checked that everything it tight but its still vibrating. If anyone has any ideas I would really appreciate it

Ted

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

IS the whole bike vibrating or is it just coming through the handlebars?

Its the whole bike, it comes through your feet, hands and backside. also the clutch has gone a bit doggy when warm. I only just made it home, but its fine when cold

Ted

Its the whole bike, it comes through your feet, hands and backside. also the clutch has gone a bit doggy when warm. I only just made it home, but its fine when cold

Ted

Check the simple things first:

1 - What kind of grips you got on it? I put aftermarket grips on my 650 and jaysus you can REALLY feel the vibration! I suffer with hand fatigue quite a lot.

2 - Is it a stock exhaust? Aftermarket ones have been known to shake the life outta yer - but they sound bluddy fabulous so you take the rough with the smooth so to speak

Whats it like over 75? Mine seems to vibrate like fook at around 70 then once im past that its smooth as........

Is this your first Dragstar? If it just might be that you're simply not used to riding it yet.

I have the 650 and the gears are very low - It seems to be whining it bollocks off at 60 but theres still a couple of thousand revs still to go before I reach the redline - i would assume its the same for the 1100? The vibration and noise at 65-70mph is something you will have to get used to, particularly if its your first Dragstar - try wearing earplugs.

I have heard that fitting a hypercharger will help reduce vibration - but don't quote me on that.

Having said that - once you're used to it - you will love it.

Vibration? You will hardly notice it ;)

The clutch sounds like it needs looking at too - i would get that sorted sooner rather than later. Whats going on with that then?

Give it a good service and see how you get on.

The 1100 is a thumper of a bike, but going off my lil 650 - vibration is just the nature of the beast.......