well......

iomrob
This post is 5843 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

.......as someone seems to have left the door open, and newbies are wandering in all over the place. thought i would nip in and see if there was anything worth stealing........errr say hello.

47 year old , FJR rider................thats me thats 47 , not the FJR :rolleyes:

oh im Scottish, but live on the Isle of Man, so wheres the Isle of Man flag. ;)

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Well hello fellow Scot, should I say "young Scot" never mind the newbies, I thought that this was becoming an R6/ 125 forum. Nice to see another FJR. :P

:unsure:

oh im Scottish, but live on the Isle of Man, so wheres the Isle of Man flag. ;)

Never mind that, youve got your Scottish flag havent you. The Estonians have stolen the England flag on this forum!

Anyway thwelcomesmile1.gif to the forum

And if you cant find your flag you can use this one

Isle-of-Man-Civil-Ensign.gifhttp://www.webmaster-tool.co.ukwww.webmast...ol.co.uk/images

I know its the civil ensign but its the best i can do for now. :blink:

Found it uk-isleofman1.gif

cheers oldgit :D will stick to the St Andrews

ty Beard, to be honest the FJR was not my first choice. had 2 XJR's before wanted another one , but the mods on the 2007 model with the single exhaust, sitting higher at the back ment i could not fit the Givi side box's on it for touring. was not going to bother getting a new bike last year, but, the Yamaha shop is 100 yards up the road from us , and Shaz {she who must be obeyed , or else a whipping is in order :whip: .........well beats paying for it ;) } kept on popping in and when they got a new FJR in, dragged me there , started on about comfort ,how the XJR would loose money, bla bla bla. so i ended up getting one .

was not happy with it from day 1, vibration in the bars at 4000 rpm was murder. the dealers were great trying to sort it, but we had to head of on tour when it was 7 weeks old. the vibration got worse {14 miles on a motorway and my throttle hand was numb,} it would not go over the alps due to the fault that all 2007 models had with the fuel mixture sensor. got stuck in the Italian Alps for 4 days due to that.

but it appears to all be fixed now, will only be able to tell for sure when we head off at the start of July.