MY DTR .... HELP PEOPLE

nickcheshire111
This post is 5866 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

i have a 2003 yamaha dtr it has only done 3,000miles but today i was opening it up on the road on the way to work and suddenly it kept popping about 5 - 10 times and then i lost all power , the bike cut out i had to walk it to a safe place and i tried to make it work again its only a kick start as you might already know i kept trying it did not work so then i tried to bump start it that did not work either so i had to walk to stupid thing 2 miles home and i am still lost on what gone wrong can anybody help me please!!!!!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

i have a 2003 yamaha dtr it has only done 3,000miles but today i was opening it up on the road on the way to work and suddenly it kept popping about 5 - 10 times and then i lost all power , the bike cut out i had to walk it to a safe place and i tried to make it work again its only a kick start as you might already know i kept trying it did not work so then i tried to bump start it that did not work either so i had to walk to stupid thing 2 miles home and i am still lost on what gone wrong can anybody help me please!!!!!

Hi Nick, Have you still got compression?

Is there fuel in the tank, not run onto reserve?

Can you take plug out and check for a spark, do you know how to do this?

Hi Nick, Have you still got compression?

Is there fuel in the tank, not run onto reserve?

Can you take plug out and check for a spark, do you know how to do this?

no i have no idea please guide me i had bought a new spark plug put a new battery in too

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online