Ferry Crossings and bikes - a bad mix?

SRJ999
This post is 5835 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Sorry to come in late on this topic but have gone by ferry a few times and I normally put my gloves on the saddle and then put the ratchet strap over the top it stops the side panels getting scuffed. either that or take an off cut of an old bit of carpet about six inches wide and two foot long. Enjoy the trip.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

..... But it's still called a "city". :rolleyes: I guess nobody in our state capital ever bothered to look up the definition.

:offtopic:

It's a regularly misconceived notion in this country that a city has to have a cathedral. The title of city is conferred on any town of significant importance and is given that title by the reigning monarch. This situation is unique to the UK and defined thus:

"City status is a rare mark of distinction granted by the Sovereign and conferred by Letters Patent. It is granted by personal Command of The Queen, on the advice of Her Ministers. It is for Her Majesty to decide when a competition for city status should be held, usually on occasions such as important Royal anniversaries."

Another dull post. I'll get me coat.

How do the "Garden" cities come about?

Letchworth and Welwyn Garden Cities to name but two?

Speedferries.com are cheap and have got more biker friendly of late. We use them regularly in the cage, very impressed for value and service. Very quick crossing, around an hour.

I haven't had a bike with them, but have seen and chatted with a fair few bikers on trips over the last couple of years, they have no complaints at all.

Dover to Boulogne is all they do at the moment, but that gets you within striking distance of the better autoroutes with added advantage of cutting out half an hour on the way down south once you're there.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online