Which R6?

RAC3R
This post is 5612 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Have a look at www.thebikeinsurer.com. I have no no claims but did pass my test in 2001. I can get a brand new R6 insured for £560 fully comp. I do have a car no claims that some of the companies take into account.

To be honest, you'd be better doing a year on a less powerfull/ desireable to theives bike and get the 1 yr no claims. Your insurance will drop like a rock once you've got it.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

But unlucky for me im 18 so its more like £1600! Any of you ride round London?

hi mate i just moved out of nw london but still still ride there sometimes where abouts u from? about the r6 im 20 and passed my test earlier this year i bought a 2001 r6 and had it restricted and for all those people who say there slow are talking crap and probably have never been on a restricted r6. anyway there still fast enough to begin with and after u can remove the restrictors and enjoy the beast. my first qoted were expensive but i then got quoted 500 third party fire and theft with carol nash insurance which was a suprise so from then began riding. check out 2001 r6 with custom scorpion pipe on youtube to see me beast all done up now.

QUOTE (RAC3R @ Apr 28 2008, 08:03 PM) *

But unlucky for me im 18 so its more like £1600! Any of you ride round London?

The secret in owning an R6 is to live in Scotland :D .I've recentely bought a 2002 R6 and I managed just to grab 2 years ncb through carol nash insurance .Last ride was a RD350 ypvs over 2 years ago .The deal Nash gave was £186 Fully comp with breakdown cover :D .Yip insurance is cheap in the wilds up here .Oh and i'm 40 .Then again no matter what we do insurance companies always take the urine and screw us,has been that way for years .Regardless of what you go for i'm sure you'll have plenty of happy miles ahead .

Happy biking mate .

• 3 weeks later...

a couple of things mate...

i know u have ur heart probably set on the r6, and it is a great bike but restructed to 33bhp, means you would find an aprilia rs125 full poer faster, and defo better handling unless your 18 stone or 6'4

other than that ring premium choice, they stuck me with equity red star, i get my r6 insurance though them, im 24 2 years ncb, two 12 month bans :( 3 points, own a 56 r6, 04 april rs, and a k4 gsxr 600, all insured for 900, my policy basically goes off which would be the dearest which is the r6, so effectively 900 for that. i dont live in london which i imagine is expensive, but i do live in st helens, about 5 minute drive from liverpool, and we all know what thieving bastards they are in that kneck of the woods.

ps, only joking scousers, calm down calm down!

I agree, even though you're going to restrict the bike its not going to restrict the bike or change the risk analysis the insurance companies use, so you're going to pay through the nose for the insurance.

as for restricting the bike, with you're budget you're looking at something like an '03 model; restricting it to 33 bhp is going to knock of the power to weight ratio. I ride around london in a fairly large group and theres a restricted r6 and kwak 636 amongst us which always get left behind the kwak 250 and the derestricted rs 125.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online