looking for footboards and toe and heel controls for xvs650 dragstar

purplesarah
This post is 5807 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi, Ive been looking at numerous sites for foot boards to replace the foot pegs which are already on my bike. Also wanting toe/heel controls, but stumped as where to get some that arent incredibly pricey. ( for a dragstar 650 classic )

AND... am i right in thinking that a "V star 650 " is the same as the dragstar 650? i am a little confused as lots of sites use different names etc... yep im a bit thick lol.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi, Ive been looking at numerous sites for foot boards to replace the foot pegs which are already on my bike. Also wanting toe/heel controls, but stumped as where to get some that arent incredibly pricey. ( for a dragstar 650 classic )

Keep your eyes open on Evilbay if you dont want to fork out for new honey.

AND... am i right in thinking that a "V star 650 " is the same as the dragstar 650? i am a little confused as lots of sites use different names etc... yep im a bit thick lol.

Yes you are (right in thinking not thick lol) The V Star is the American version, they are named Dragstar over here and on the continent - exactly the same bike. Mine was imported from the US and had the V Star name on the tank, whereas yours has the Dragstar name, but they are exactly the same bike honey.

You may also notice when looking for bits that it is also called the 650a -which refers to the Classic model we have.

Give me a call if you see something and you're not sure! ;)

cheers goffy, it was driving me mad, and steve was saying it could be a virago star or something, but i kept saying that they looked sleek like the dragstar (as the virago is kind of slouched looking instead of smooth to the back- lol if that makes sense). Cheers for the info tho, and i will look on evilbay for footboards. ;)

cheers goffy, it was driving me mad, and steve was saying it could be a virago star or something, but i kept saying that they looked sleek like the dragstar (as the virago is kind of slouched looking instead of smooth to the back- lol if that makes sense). Cheers for the info tho, and i will look on evilbay for footboards. ;)

Hi Purple Sarah, i have a set of Highway hawk footboards on ebay at the moment, off my XVS 1100, have a look, regards Franklyn...

Hi there Franklyn, whats your user name or ebay no etc so i can go have a look. Would they fit on my dragstar 650? Do you just take the foot pegs off and fix them on instead?

Thankyou in advance :D

Hi there Franklyn, whats your user name or ebay no etc so i can go have a look. Would they fit on my dragstar 650? Do you just take the foot pegs off and fix them on instead?

Thankyou in advance :D

Hi Sarah, look on eBay for rebelrider4711, i would say they should fit, but look at the fittings on the pictures. You just take the pegs off and fit them, easy really, regards Franklyn... [ sorry for late reply ]

The V-Star / Dragstar designation was driving me up the wall too when I had a XVS 650 custom. I thought the "C" was for custom, but I can't remember. It's been a year since I upgraded to the 1300.

Have you tried J&P Cycles for the parts your looking for? They're in Iowa, but ship almost anywhere. They have the lowest prices and you don't have to worry about getting ripped on Ebay. That and they also carry over 10,000 items for Harleys, metrics and sportbikes.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I have a set of Foot boards complete with heel toe controls and brake pedal from my V Star 1100. Not sure if they fit the 650, but if they do I'm looking to sell them!

Stu

Hi, I have a set of Foot boards complete with heel toe controls and brake pedal from my V Star 1100. Not sure if they fit the 650, but if they do I'm looking to sell them!

Stu

Stu, Ive sent you a message re the footboards as i am very interested. thankyou :)

Regards

Sarah

:wacko: What are these toe and heel controls you speak of!? lol

let me get this straight. the foot boards replace the foot pegs, right? so what controls do they incorperate? does it mean you have like a big foot peadal for brake and gears, bit like a car?

:wacko: What are these toe and heel controls you speak of!? lol

let me get this straight. the foot boards replace the foot pegs, right? so what controls do they incorperate? does it mean you have like a big foot peadal for brake and gears, bit like a car?

The boards are basically a rigid platform for resting your feet on instead of pegs so your legs don't get tired on long trips etc. The heel toe gear lever is the same as any other gear lever except it has another lever that comes of it towards your heel so you can change gear with either your heel or toe.

Heres a link to some on ebay so you can check them out

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/FRONT-FLOOR...p3756.m20.l1116

Ah i see, thanks for shedding light on that one for me.

They're pretty cool, I think. Pretty cool price too, no wonder your shopping around purplesarah.

so how does that work? is it up the gears with your heel and down with your toe? or am i being a bit stooopid cos that would take some getting used to wouldn't it.

lol, as far as i know, its up the gears with your toe as normal, then u can stomp down on the heel to come down again, i think..... possibly.... but its good to have both options eh ;)

but on the other hand, maybe it means you can up the gears with you heel also...lol im not sure now im thinking about it :)

lol, as far as i know, its up the gears with your toe as normal, then u can stomp down on the heel to come down again, i think..... possibly.... but its good to have both options eh ;)

but on the other hand, maybe it means you can up the gears with you heel also...lol im not sure now im thinking about it :)

Thats right!

You use the toe shifter as normal with the option of using the heel shift to go up the gears instead of using your toes under the toe shift pedal, just a bit more comfortable!

Stu

It took me a few days to get used to using the heel/toe shifter on my V*1300, but now I wonder why I didn't put one on my 650. It also keeps the toe on your boots from getting worn out.

I really like these on my 650. When i rode the Bandit back from where i got it from the otehr night it was REALLY strange without them and even stranger cos i was leant forward riding!

Sarah - Why not have a look when you go to Florida (it is today you go isnt it?)? You will get them a lot cheaper over there than here!

It took me a few days to get used to using the heel/toe shifter on my V*1300, but now I wonder why I didn't put one on my 650. It also keeps the toe on your boots from getting worn out.

Hi there Peabody, Im staying in Davenport, Florida for 2 weeks, and will be looking for a toe/heel gear changer for my drag

star, have you got any idea where the local motorbike shops are. Also if you have any hints as to which diners are good for eating out. Thanks in advance.

Sarah

Hi there Peabody, Im staying in Davenport, Florida for 2 weeks, and will be looking for a toe/heel gear changer for my drag

star, have you got any idea where the local motorbike shops are. Also if you have any hints as to which diners are good for eating out. Thanks in advance.

Sarah

I'm about to get bumped off this forum (it's mainly a site for Brits to bash Americans) and they don't like it when Americans defend themselves. so I'll be brief. I haven't lived in Central Florida for a while. I know of a few shops north of Orlando, but haven't spent anytime in Davenport. I'm not sure how widespread HOPS is (not to be mistaken for Ihop) They have a good menu and a microbrewery on-site that makes a good amber. They're all over FL. Sorry I can't be of more assistance. BTY, there is another forum, http://www.yamahamotorcycleforum.com that's run by Americans. Better setup and no country bashing over there. :D

• 3 weeks later...

Cheers PB, I did have a look around for the brewery place, but only saw the Ihop place. How lucky are you guys over there with all those fabulous restaurants, we went to Ponderosa, Dennys etc and had the "all you can eat breakfasts"....heavenly, all for £2.50 !!!!!! Amazing service in all places, no one was rude etc, what a breath of fresh air...

Spent a while looking at all the bikes in Kissimee on bike night, and around the harley dealers- the prices are half of our uk prices, so wanted to kidnap a few fatboys lol. You live in a fantastic state, with great weather (well apart from the tornados lol ), the price of living is cheaper as well we discovered after speaking to a few locals - no state taxes! - whats that all about then. We are being fleeced over here , good and proper.

PS,

Glad you had a safe trip. :D I see you discovered the cause of America's wide spread (no pun intended) obesity problem. "All you can eat" being the key phrase here. :lol:

Regarding the service, contrary to American stereotypes about redneck southerners, the south is legendary for its "Southern hospitality." If you've ever heard the Jeff Foxworthy comedy bit he did before the 1996 Olympics in Atlanta, you would know what I mean. We only use the "wind up" on our close friends, otherwise we're going to end up with busted knuckles or busted ribs, and we actually like diversity. The downside is the lack of cultured entertainment. Last time I checked all of the larger city's orchestras went bankrupt years ago. The museums are ok, but nothing compared to NY or Chicago. I'm surprised we have a real Monet in Gainesville's art museum.

You were also fortunate to arrive during an unusually cool spring. Although its usually newsworthy, the weather has been good lately. The rule regarding tornados is simple. If they don't reach you their harmless. Tampa is another story. on an average afternoon the thunderstorms roll in daily and lightning strikes an average of 1,100 time per minute. It's the lightning capital of the world.

I'm sorry you didn't find a Hops. The other places are nice too. We have an English style pub here (believe it or not, I do have English friends here) that my English friends say is almost authentic. The high ceilings are said to be the only difference. They even serve pints of Guinness and large sandwiches, I think they call them buttys? Odd name, but good.

The price of living here is cheaper than most of the U.S. (except for housing prices), but the pay is also way lower than most of the U.S. There isn't a state income tax (yet) because it wouldn't leave us with anything to live on, and we still pay Federal income taxes. Our state (which is in 2nd place for worst state recession) depends on tourism. As long as we have tourists spending their money here (thanks by the way!) living wages aren't necessary to keep the economy going. I have heard that the taxes in GB are murder! Just sorry I didn't get a chance to give you an official "greetings from Florida!" Let me know if you plan on coming back. If I can't find a bike for you to ride, you can always rent a Harley.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online