08 R6

mokyr6
This post is 5875 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hello all yammy lovers, just a newbie here, finally got myself a machine, the new 08 model yzf r6 in blue, so happy when it came the other day, hope to speak and meet new people here and learn more about bikes. :lol:

nice choice in machine,gettin on ok with her :blink::D

nice choice in machine,gettin on ok with her :blink::D

haven't had a chance to take her out, its been raining up this end, went about 500 yards to petrol station, filled it up with v power then straight back to the garage and plug the optimiser in but will let ppl know when i properly take it ut, and yes, sort of scared:P

Hello all yammy lovers, just a newbie here, finally got myself a machine, the new 08 model yzf r6 in blue, so happy when it came the other day, hope to speak and meet new people here and learn more about bikes. :lol:

yeah nice bike give me a blast on it show you stand up wheelie on it lol!!! sweet bike take care ov it mokyr6

• 2 weeks later...

haven't had a chance to take her out, its been raining up this end, went about 500 yards to petrol station, filled it up with v power then straight back to the garage and plug the optimiser in but will let ppl know when i properly take it ut, and yes, sort of scared:P

Hey there,

I am getting mine soon, prob next week. So, what do you reckon guys, fuel? just the unleaded or anyother recomendations. Cause, i wanna be consistent in maintaining the fuel type. For instance with my car i only get fuel from BP always. My mates go how do you do it? Similar way, i will make sure i will maintain the same with the bike.

And talking about the rain, in melbourne through out next week its gonna be raining and i live in a unit no garage.

(Suggestions please) I am just getting a bike cover, water proof . and for security i am getting this Scorpio SR-i900 Alarm System, any coments or any suggestions on any changes, please let me know. Yeah, it is big money for the motorbike r6 2008 graphite with gytr carbon exaust pipe .

just use unleaded, the higher octane ones wont make any difference, any one who says they do is talkin crap, unless your engine is specifically designed to run on it, which not many are, then it wont run any quicker, or last longer,

never heard of the scorpio alarm so cant comment, but yam reccomend meta, if thats a n option for you,

dont be scared of breaking it in either, dont be sitting at low revs, let the bike rev freely, and take it straight through to like 12-13 sometimes, its better to rev high than bog the engine down, keep the loading on the engine light, and use all the gears,

enjoy the bikes, fantastic machine, if your prepared to work with it

• 2 weeks later...
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online