Yamaha heated grips

scalpel69
This post is 5900 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I have just received a set of nearly new Yamaha heated grips but after re-reading the wiring instructions I am at a loss as how to complete their installation. The negative wire needs to link into the turning signal harness but the diagram they give is that of a FJR1300 (looks very simple!). Does anyone know how I can get access to the turning signal wire harness on a 2007 Fazer FZ1-SA?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I have just received a set of nearly new Yamaha heated grips but after re-reading the wiring instructions I am at a loss as how to complete their installation. The negative wire needs to link into the turning signal harness but the diagram they give is that of a FJR1300 (looks very simple!). Does anyone know how I can get access to the turning signal wire harness on a 2007 Fazer FZ1-SA?

would of thought a negative wire would just need to be to any earth on the bike

• 3 weeks later...

hi, you need to wire the negative into a good earth wire on the bike , any will do, you need a switched live feed for the positive wire, there is a switched live wire to the front brake switch, and there are plenty of earth wires around the headstock/clocks area,make sure the grips onyl work when ignition is switched on..

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online